Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any comments on adding the heal toe shifter to goldwing? Does it work? Will it affect performance or cause damage to bike? Thanks in advance for any feed back.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have one and love it. Keeps your boots in good shape!! No harm to the bike that I know of, I don't have floor boards because I don't like them, I just have the shifter. A friend made it for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have one on my 2010 goldwing with floorboards and love it. no problems and no complaints so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
To each their own, but I had a heel-toe shifter on my last bike (Suzuki Volusia). Once I got use to it …. I loved. I bought a 06 GW about 2 months ago, which did not have the heel-toe. I have ridden the GW since then and have done just fine. However, I rode the Volusia the heel-toe the other day and after that ride I ordered a H-T today for the GW. So, I guess for me the heel-toe is the way to go. Just a note it will take sometime to get use to using your heel to up shift. Even after several thousand miles with the H-T, I still catch myself using it like a single peg shifter. Hopefully I will be able to have a H-T back next week.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have one on my 2010 goldwing with floorboards and love it. no problems and no complaints so far.
just wondering which brand you have on the bike? I'm not getting my Wind until the spring but that is my main concern is whether I can get used to the foot position. I'm now riding a 2006 Star Stratoliner where my foot position is more forward.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I love mine. I have foot boards and my shifter is actually a heel-heel shifter. I have some limits and this method works best for ME. However, like snow flakes, no two persons are alike.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does anyone here have floor boards and a REGULAR shifter?? I am not really a fan of the heel toe shifter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine came with the bike. At first I wasn't crazy about it but I love it now.
I heard that if you don't bang the crap out of it, there is no problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts