Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is see J&M headsets are a little more expensive plus I'd still need to purchase a seperate cable to fit the bike's connector. I'm OK spending the extra $ if it's a better product...

Anybody have an opinion on J&M vs Honda headsets?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I think J&M makes the Honda headsets. Plus if you need service or replacement parts it's easier to get the parts from J&M than Honda. There are many different headsets that J&M makes, they range from about $79.00 to over $200.00. What brand helmet are you putting it in and is it open face or full face or flip face?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I've got 3, 1/2 and 2 full face helmets.

I understand (tho am disappointed) that a full face headset won't fit into a 1/2 helmet, but had hoped a full face headset would fit into ANY full face helmet and likewise that a 1/2 helmet headset would be useable with any 1/2 helmet. Is this not the case?

·
Registered
738 Posts
I purchased the cheapest J&M headsets 8154's I think and they work really good for communication,but not great for music.I like the bike speakers for music anyway.That way I can still here what's going on around me.I use 1/2 helmets and used the ones for the 3/4 helmet.I just velcroed the ear pieces to the helmet straps.The mic will attach to the 1/2 helmet and still easily reach your mouth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts