Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need advice on headsets. I would like to get J&M because I hear/read they’re the best quality. But when asked, J&M says their headsets are not interchangeable between full, ¾ and shorties… I hate the thought of buying a setup for each helmet type… anybody got any ideas?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought the J & M HS BCD279-UN performance headset. It is OK and says it is for any style of helmet. I can't see why it would be a problem to put this into any style. I have it in a 3/4 Nolan right now but I have a full face Bell as well. The biggest problem with most helmets is that they don't have suitable "pockets" in the ear place for the speakers. You may have to carve a little.
The only type of helmet I think would pose a problem would be the shorties. J & M will add pockets in the side straps for you if you send them the removeable piece and send it to them

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks snuffy. btw I mispoke, i meant they said a shortie type is not interchangeable with the full & 3/4s. I never specifically asked if fulls can be used in 3/4s... but you say they can... which is good enough for me.

But I don't know enough about the parts in the kits... so I don't understand why a short style could not be easily adapted to fit into a 3/4 helmet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just bought and installed J&M Elite Flip Face in our full coverage helmets. Comments on Wingstuff lead me to buy these ones with boom mike. They seem pretty good so far.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I've got the J&M HC8154OF(3/4) heads sets in my half helmets right now.A little velcro will hold the speakers to your ear straps quite nicely.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well since I know nothing about headsets I can only ask another question lol. What should I get for our 85 limited edition that has cb and hookups for a headset? There is also a button over the saddlebag on the back that I guess is for the wife to push to talk or something like that. Cold Cold weather we ride helmets but most of the time unless in a state where we have to have them we dont use helmets.
What would be the best set up to get for this model and does the radio, intercom, and cb all work thru the headset? Thanks Ghost

·
Registered
55 Posts
i just put a set of J&Ms in my module helmet. The speakers were to big for the size helmet i have so i put them in my 3/4 helmet. They work great in both applications. They are twice the headsets that i had for my Harley.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts