Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking delivery on a 2008 in a week - what are your thoughts and suggestions on headsets and mike for the com system? What brand are you using and why do you like them? The dealer has a set ($207 each) - any other options? :confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi smokey109,
I have the chatterbox headsets for my 08. they are ok, but they are
dynamic noise reduction type. to me I dont hear the full sound of the music i listen to. if a really good song comes on the radio, i will
usually switch to the external speakers and set the volume around 17-18. it kind of echos thru my helmet and sounds more full.

i should of maybe looked at the nolan helmets i found online afterwards, as they look more integrated... mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike,
Thanks for the info - not sure if I want to invest in yet another set of new helmets - I just bought a Scorpion full face for the VTX I traded in. I wore it on the test ride and it was super quiet - I also have an AGV 3/4 that is lighter than the Scorpion - going to have to ride with those helmets and see which one is most comfortable on the Wing and then add the headsets - what type of connector do I need to connect just a headset (is that possible?)

·
Registered
9 Posts
smokey109,
good morning, I have the new shoei multitec fullface flip-ups...
the connectors that came with the chatterbox plugged right in
to the connectors on the bike...
happy listening-enjoy the ride
mike

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am using KBC Tourcom helmets that are color matched to the bike. They have JM set ups in them and can even be integrated to your phone so you can have hands free while riding.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I use J&M on mine and love em.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts