Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering buying headset communications system, (hard wired into stock receptacles, not blue tooth). Are there any recommendations for good alternatives? Been looking at the J&M Elite, but it's pretty pricy with the Z-cords, (close to $500 for two sets).

Any good quality alternatives more reasonably priced?

Ed

(Yellovette)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
654 Posts
Any reason you want to be connected by an umbilical cord to the mothership? I use the Cardo G4 and atop of not having to be wired in, you have great sound quality, noise reduction, versatility, long talk time, bluetooth, am/fm, listen to seperate Ipods/Mp3, and can talk to your passenger and other riders when riding or just walking around with helmets on. I know you wanted a cord, but after I got this, I don't see any advantages except if you forgot to charge up. Even then, a quick charge on the 12v may give you some respite and quiet for a while (Oops Honey, i forgot to charge it again....)

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
i got the cheapest j&m headset wingstuff had. there nice and clear but lack mid range and bass

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got the cheapest j&m headset wingstuff had. there nice and clear but lack mid range and bass
Thanks Will; You know you're making the choice more difficult. I thought I'd get the 'Elite' for myself and a cheaper model for my wife / passenger, (reasoning that I would use mine a lot more), but she wants the top of the line as well. I wonder if she would know the difference?

ed

(Yellovette)

·
Premium Member
24,641 Posts
I got the bargain priced ones as well, they're fine by me. If I want better tunes on the scoot, I'll upgrade the stereo sometime in the future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.