Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering buying headset communications system, (hard wired into stock receptacles, not blue tooth). Are there any recommendations for good alternatives? Been looking at the J&M Elite, but it's pretty pricy with the Z-cords, (close to $500 for two sets).

Any good quality alternatives more reasonably priced?

Ed

(Yellovette)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
741 Posts
Any reason you want to be connected by an umbilical cord to the mothership? I use the Cardo G4 and atop of not having to be wired in, you have great sound quality, noise reduction, versatility, long talk time, bluetooth, am/fm, listen to seperate Ipods/Mp3, and can talk to your passenger and other riders when riding or just walking around with helmets on. I know you wanted a cord, but after I got this, I don't see any advantages except if you forgot to charge up. Even then, a quick charge on the 12v may give you some respite and quiet for a while (Oops Honey, i forgot to charge it again....)

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
i got the cheapest j&m headset wingstuff had. there nice and clear but lack mid range and bass

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got the cheapest j&m headset wingstuff had. there nice and clear but lack mid range and bass
Thanks Will; You know you're making the choice more difficult. I thought I'd get the 'Elite' for myself and a cheaper model for my wife / passenger, (reasoning that I would use mine a lot more), but she wants the top of the line as well. I wonder if she would know the difference?

ed

(Yellovette)

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I got the bargain priced ones as well, they're fine by me. If I want better tunes on the scoot, I'll upgrade the stereo sometime in the future.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm waiting for my new goldwing to be shipped and am not familiar with the radio on them. I also have the Cardo, so will it sychronize with the radio already on the bike by bluetooth or are you referring to the am/fm built in the Cardo system?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I installed the IMC I and could not be happier. have use them 7000 miles with no problem. At $75 bucks a ser

·
Registered
13 Posts
Now I'm confused.

The Honda dealer showed me a nifty Honda headset for "only" $219. I take it that was per helmet?

I listen to books on my IPod in my truck, and was looking forward to doing the same on the Wing.

So I can buy a plug in headset to take advantage of the wiring that is already in place to listen to the IPod ...

Or I can get a blue tooth headset that will totally bypass the built in system. And still be able to hear the IPod.

Is that right?

What about connectivity for a smartphone?

Thanks,

-WM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts