Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe a real stupid question.
I just got a 81 Goldwing and am going shopping for headsets for myself and my girlfriend.
We bought open face helmets. I found a connector wrapped around the handlebar to plug in my headset to the radio but how does her headset connect to be able to hear me or the radio? Does she plug into my headset somehow? I dont want to sound like a knucklehead when i go shopping.
There is a button next to the passenger seat that the old owner said the passenger would press that to be able to talk over the CB.
I'm confused.

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
She should have a connection just like yours a 5 pin connector. If you don't see it my suggestion would be to remove the seat. They have a tendancy to fall in there while the seat is off, not being seen as the seat is being replaced.

Just an Ole Fossil guess.;)

·
Super Moderator
12,271 Posts
Or down behind the saddlebag.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am confused too. Don't want to hijack this thread, but an 81 has a transmitt button for the passenger to talk on the CB? Is it an SE? Cause my 96 don't have this feature.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
If it is an Aspencade model it could have a CB installed into the Type II Clarion audio system which I recollect made it a Type III (don't quote me on this one). Don't recall a PTT switch back then though, could be an add-on I reckon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.