Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon;

I have a goldwing 1990 special edition it has a conection for a headset on the front of the bike and it works fine. The problem I am having is that the conection for the rear seat has been taken off. The cable was unpluged and placed in the trunk. I am unsure just where to look for the feed wire coming from the radio. It looks like the cable just needs to be pluged into this agian.

If anyone out there knows where this line is located could you please let me know. Should I remove the seat and look under it? I just don't know at this point but I assume the line is there.

I just got the bike one year ago and have not had time to get the head sets. Just got them but can't find the conection for the rear seat.

Thanks for your help.........:eek:

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
you may have to get the shop manual out for that one. there is no reason to remove the cord unless the po broke it somehow

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
there seems to be a lot of members here but they are not very active. i sent you a pm

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The connection is under the seat, take the seat off and check for a plug, Honda makes it very easy with color coded plugs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Plug location & upgrade

Joe is correct, the plug is under the seat. If you will look at the end of the recepticle you will get an idea of what the plug will look like. Just to let you know, my wife hated our system at first. I turn up the volume quite loud in comparison to the loudness she is comfortable with. I added a passenger controller to my system. It enables the passenger to control the volume to their headset, key the CB radio and turn the mike off completely. You will notice some noise coming from the passengers mike. There is no way to eliminate it without a cut off switch. When we aren't talking she keeps it turned off.
Click the link below and check it out. It is the 4th item on the page. This is the part number (PSCR-GL-18)

http://www.motorcycle-communications.com/honda-gl1800-systems.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Head sets

Thanks for all your help I have resolved the issue found the conection it was under the seat. The information provided was very helpfull and much apprecated.

Thanks again to all who responded.........:)

This post is now closed.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts