Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Ive got the new Chatter Box headsets with the new Wing but one small issue that someone may be able to give me some advice on is that at different times the audio seems to cut out for no particular reason other than a bit of terbulance at the time it happens!
The new headsets do everything they are surpose to and the pins are all good but just every so often this happens.
I cant see it being the wind when they are used on open face helmets!
At the time it mutes the audio I have not been making any noise into the sock.

Could it be the settings on the bike?

Any comments welcomed

rgds
Paul

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Paul, to me what you describe is exactly what you suspect. I would try blocking the mic when it cuts out with your hand & see if it comes back. If it does try turning down the intercom mute. There have also been some guys that have added an additional sock material however I haven't paid to much attention to that because I've never had an issue. Do a search on the site for "wind noise" I'm sure the thread will come up. Good Luck.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks Bill, I've got the intercom mute setting around 8 and I adjusted the windshield up a notch, I'm 6'4 so maybe picking up more gusts than some, with each ride I'm pretty sure to work it out...thanks again

Paul

·
Registered
405 Posts
It's the wind. It happens more with the passenger than the driver. Some people put a water baloon or a finger of a sergical or custodian's glove over the mic then put the foam back over it. Sound travels as vibration so the mic still works but the wind is kept out and helps to prevent the music from being muted.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the wind. It happens more with the passenger than the driver. Some people put a water baloon or a finger of a sergical or custodian's glove over the mic then put the foam back over it. Sound travels as vibration so the mic still works but the wind is kept out and helps to prevent the music from being muted.

Thanks for the suggestion...... really appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts