Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the purchase of my "new to me" Wing came two sets of J & M Headsets for full face helmets. I installed mine the way the PO mentioned, actually pulling out the front half of the helmet and cutting into the chinbar foam for the mic and peeled back the liner, cutting into foam in the ear depressions to make the speakers fit, then replacing the liner. Before I do the same to my wife's (nicer helmet) is there a better way. I've seen some just say to velcro them in to the inside of the helmet, but at least in my helmet, my ears pretty much get in the way of that! Mine worked fine although I think I would try leaving off the speaker padding since they are covered by the liner, giving more space. What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
javarider, I just bought HJC is-33's for myself & wife & I installed ours the same as you for the earpiece. Obviously with open faced you don't need to worry about the mike. I'm sure others will chime in, if there is one thing you can count on at this site is a multitude of various opinions while being respectful to each other.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts