Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, and hope when you are not here, your bikes are moving. I do have a question regarding my 2010 headset I just got for my wife........I bought her headset first, was gonna wait to buy mine, so she could hear the radio better at higher speeds. I think that my audio will only switch from speaker to headset, and not play both at the same time. Is this true, or am I just missing something? Also, I got the Honda one from my dealer, who installed it for me, and when she used it, and I went over a bump, the volume would go up or down. Is there a common fix for this? I haven't tried taking it back yet, but I probably will if I can't get this sorted out. Thanks to all, and safe riding.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should say I got the audio controller for the headset for her, forgot that part, and I think that is where the problem is.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The radio will play EITHER outside OR helmet speakers. not both at the same time, The volume should not go up and down when you go over a bump. Check the mute setting on the intercom.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I was afraid I was gonna have to buy both headsets at the same time.....but I need to save more money for our trip this weekend. What should the mute setting be, anyway?

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Bill you have to find where it works best for you that is the mute setting. If you speak loudly or the mic is close it can be lower. It's just a matter of getting used to it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, we will have plenty of time to work this out on the trip on Thursday to the blue ridge parkway. Need some sanity days, and nothing like a wing trip to sort me out! Thanks fellas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts