Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when switching from high to low beams or reverse, the headlights will go out. Scary! They come back on after a fifteen seconds or so and may blink a few times. This is on a nicely kept 89 1500 Goldwing. Frantically rocking the switch has no effect.!!:

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
First, welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. The problem may be in the switch contacts. You may need to clean or replace the switch. As far as the lights going out in reverse, that may be an override to save on the battery, but I'm not sure. You may want to check the manual on that one. Good luck and ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
I had the same thing with my 1500 when I switched the hi/lo beam I never noticed it in reverse. The switch was my problem, ordered a new one from the following link & have had no trouble since. There may be a relay that is hanging up also because of your comment about reverse. Best to get a manual & trace it. Good luck.

http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_select.asp

A couple more things if you do decide to change the switch ck. out this thread this is a progressive look at mine when I changed it. You are in for a good sveral hours.

http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1993&highlight=headlights

Finally welcome to the site. Good people & discussion here with lots of info & help.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
All bet" frantic" is an understatement. I sure hope you get to the bottom of this. For me, it would be artrip to the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
I believe the headlight goes out in reverse. Check the relays for the headlight in the relay box one could be going bad.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Isn't it supposed to...

I thought when you pushed in the starter button the headlight was supposed to go out...:D guess I need to go out to the garage and see for myself... ::p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts