Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have encountered a problem with my headlights. Last night when I getting ready to return home from a meeting, the headlights came on with the ignition key, but immediately went off after the engine started. Everytime I turn it off and back on, the headlights come on, but almost everytime go back off once the engine starts. All the remaining lights work fine. Finally after a few tries, they stayed on and were fine all the way home. Once home, I started and stopped it several times. Only about 2 out of every 5 or 6 times, the lights stayed on. Since they consistantly come back on every time I turn the key on, I have pretty much ruled out a short circuit. I have ordered a new 20A relay from Honda, but was curious if anyone has had a similiar problem, and if so what the problem was?? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I checked the relay I was going to replace and it is working fine. Fond no power on the relay terminal that engerizes the relay?? Are there any breakers in the headlight ciruit?? That is about the only thing I can think of that will cause them to go off, but resets everytime the power is switched off and back on. Any mechanics out there that can direct me to a cause. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,261 Posts
clean the contacts

·
Registered
70 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts