Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already have a headlight out. Want to know of a good replacement. One that is brighter and will be dependable? I bought these blue lights on EBay for my car. They are brighter and been in for a couple years.

Anybody ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Any H7 bulb will work. If you want brighter, use the SilverStars or SilverStar Ultras.
They are brighter, but don't last as long because they are overdriven to give more light.
BTW, replace both bulbs at the same time. If one goes, the other is usually right behind it. They can even go simultaneously.

=Dave=

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any H7 bulb will work. If you want brighter, use the SilverStars or SilverStar Ultras.
They are brighter, but don't last as long because they are overdriven to give more light.
BTW, replace both bulbs at the same time. If one goes, the other is usually right behind it. They can even go simultaneously.

=Dave=
The bike only has 5200 miles on it. I just bought a set of these

PIAA Xtreme White Plus (H7) Halogen Light Bulbs (PIAA-17655)

Now I hope I can get my big paw in there to do the quick swap out. Otherwise ......

·
Registered
68 Posts
Those'll do fine. Goldwing headlights don't last that long. I must have gone through 5 or 6 sets of low beams before I went HID. And any of the the high output bulbs go even faster.
5200 is a little early, but certainly not abnormal for a Wing.

=Dave=
Old Dog Moto works

·
Premium Member
24,118 Posts
I'd file a complaint with the Ohio DOT to get those pot holes filled. I changed my stock out for the SilverStar around the 25,000 mile mark and keep the still working stock bulbs as emergency replacements.

·
Premium Member
24,647 Posts
I'd comment on never having had to replace a headlamp on my Wings, but I don't want to jinx the deal...I did lose some tail lamps on the 1200 and 1500 though, largely due to the trailer wiring connections. Replaced the bulbs in the 1200's driving lights once, they went out after a rather rough entry into some construction in the backwoods of Idaho; darn near lost the missus too on that one!:eek: We hit so hard that it bounced the stereo out of the Cycle Sound mount of the Interstate's dash:eek:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The bike only has 5200 miles on it. I just bought a set of these

PIAA Xtreme White Plus (H7) Halogen Light Bulbs (PIAA-17655)

Now I hope I can get my big paw in there to do the quick swap out. Otherwise ......
I replaced the burnt one first. There is a big difference between the stock bulb and these. The stock bulb looks yellow in comparison. Swapping the low beams out was easy. I ordered a whole set for rpl down the road

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Just an observation, Over the years I've seen more 1800's with burned out Head lights then 1500 or 1200 for that matter. Makes me wonder.:confused:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am running regular bulbs. The right low beam went out at 36,000 miles, and the left at 41,000. I bought the bike new 2.5 years ago. This was the first time they went out. (a 2010 GL-1800)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am running regular bulbs. The right low beam went out at 36,000 miles, and the left at 41,000. I bought the bike new 2.5 years ago. This was the first time they went out. (a 2010 GL-1800)
I took the bike out today for the first time since I swapped out the bulbs. These PIAA H7s are a touch whiter and brighter than stock. You differentiate the slightly yellower stock high beams when all 4 are lit. My LED fog lights are less noticeable now. Everything was lit up quite well. :cool:

I will be pleased if I can get 2 or 3 seasons out of them. You can hit some bumps pretty hard on some of the the roads in and around CTown. That will do it. When I lose a high beam, I will swap them both, then any further replacements will pretty much be one at a time as needed because they'll all be the same brand. These are pricey, but if they're as high quality as I'm led to believe, I don't mind shelling out a little more for that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.