Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 GL1500. I've owned 3 other 1500's (a 1988, a 1989 and a 1999) and have always had a headlight modulator in them. For some reason, this one is different. When plugging the modulator into the power supply into my previous wings, it has always been a 3-prong wire. In my current wing, it is a 4-wire prong.
Can anyone shed a little light on this? I've bought 2 modulators and they are both for the 3-prong. I cannot find one with the 4-prong.

It does not appear that the wiring has been modified. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Where are you from?

You say "power supply" do you mean the factory harness that plugs on to the headlight bulbs or the junction for the subharness that is clipped to the fairing?

What brand modulator(s) have you purchased? There is a specific module made for the GL1500 that plugs into the square harness plug for the headlight assembly.

Most of the modulators are made to plug directly on the bulb (universal). Depending on the brand of modulator, the unit either plugs directly between the bulbs and the harness or plugs into one of the harness plugs and then feeds both of the bulbs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The unit plugs between the bulbs and the harness. The harness (coming from the bike) that plugs into the bulbs is a 4-prong. The harness coming from the bulbs is a 3-prong.

·
862 Posts
The unit plugs between the bulbs and the harness. The harness (coming from the bike) that plugs into the bulbs is a 4-prong. The harness coming from the bulbs is a 3-prong.
Any chance you could snap a picture of your 4-pin connector and post it here? Post #2 here, Darkside#1500 states that the 4-pin terminal that allows removal of the headlight assembly from the fairing is over on the right side. Is that the same pattern 4-pin connector?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts