Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a GL1800 and just installed a Kisan headlight modulator. I have not permanently mounted The Daylight Sensor as of yet.

Does anyone have a suggestion(s) of a good place to mount this?

Thank you,

·
Registered
857 Posts
I put mine up between the left mirror and the windshield. Do not understand them wanting it pointed at ground. Played with positions a long tome before deciding on that.

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
I put mine up between the left mirror and the windshield. Do not understand them wanting it pointed at ground. Played with positions a long tome before deciding on that.
My guess on why they want it pointed at the ground, would be.
If you are riding at night with the High beam on and came into a lighted are it might start flashing. Being night time it would be way more obvious maybe alarming to some.

Where mine is mounted I haven't had the problem. So I don't really know, just my guess.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, everything I am read indicates they want it pointed up towards the sky. In either case, thanks for your input....I am going to check out that location.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On my 1500 I have mounted next to vent in the dash.

I had a GL1500SE for 14 years, I had my mounted in front on the side of the fearing...worked well. Your location seems like it could be just fine....Now I need to find were on my 1800.

Thanks for the reply..

·
Registered
96 Posts
The only thing I dont like about a modulator is riding in front of them. I was driving my wifes sports car and it sits rather low and I was on the interstate when a modulated wing got behind me. I finally just slowed down to make him pass because it drove me nuts having the flashing in my mirror. :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only thing I dont like about a modulator is riding in front of them. I was driving my wifes sports car and it sits rather low and I was on the interstate when a modulated wing got behind me. I finally just slowed down to make him pass because it drove me nuts having the flashing in my mirror. :(
I totally agree, that is why when riding in a group (2 or more motorcycles), you should turn it off for the reason you stated. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I totally agree, that is why when riding in a group (2 or more motorcycles), you should turn it off for the reason you stated. :)
So turn it off for other motorcycles and the hell with the cars in front of you??? Let them be annoyed.......:confused:

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
I've ridden with guys that had modulator on their bikes and I don't see the problem. During day light hours the ambient light pretty well dissipated the high beam light, yes the high beam is on and yes it is modulated, and yes you can see it modulate in your mirror but it does not cause any bright flashing. Unless your staring at the mirror. I don't see the problem.
That just my opion

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Apopj & Ron,

Yes (Apopj) when I ride in a group, there is no need for them. Strength in numbers..! Ron, good point, however some riders just get annoyed...kinda like, no matter what you do...it still is not good enough.

Now back to my question..."any suggestions on were I might mount this...?"

Thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have mine mounted on the left corner of the dash. Have a 1500 though. I have had no problem with it at nighttime, however, mine is set up in the bright headlight only, so I don't have it on all the time, just when I turn to bright lights. I use it at intersections and cars on the side of the road. turn it on, turn it off. Love it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've ridden with guys that had modulator on their bikes and I don't see the problem. During day light hours the ambient light pretty well dissipated the high beam light, yes the high beam is on and yes it is modulated, and yes you can see it modulate in your mirror but it does not cause any bright flashing. Unless your staring at the mirror. I don't see the problem.
That just my opion
Given that I ride with Ron, many times he is behind me and his 1500 modulator doesn't seem to bother me at all. However, an 1800 that sometimes rides with us also has a modulator that drives me nuts. I think it may have something to do with the brightness or headlight angle setting. JMHO

WingRat

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I have mine mounted on the right side just above the side keyed compartment. As the others have mentioned, I turn mine off when in a group unless I am leading. I am sure it has stopped at least three cages from cutting me off since I installed it. Best thing I ever bought and it makes the "Boss" feel more secure and when she's happy. I'm happy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts