Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone that has a headlight modulator can you tell me where you mounted the controll unit. Thanks, Carl

·
Registered
201 Posts
While we're on this subject I'd also like to know if these headlight modulators have an off/on switch so it can be turned off for night driving, a modulating headlight at night would drive me crazy.

-Robert-

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Sorry Carl, it was already installed when I got the bike.
To answer Roberts question, I have a photo eye on the dash so when it is dark it does not flash.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I installed the Kissan unit on my 2000, www.kisantech.com . The control units mount right onto the backs of the bulbs, remove the factory bulb connector from the bulbs and install the master on one of the bulbs and the slave on the other then re-connect the connector to the units. Run the photo sensor to a location, preferably facing up, I chose a spot on the tunnel cover. The modulator works on the high beams and is "programmable" for the light level you want them to start/stop flashing vs the factory setting. It is unlawful for the lights to flash at night, the photosensor turns the modulation off when light levels are low or entering low light conditions such as a tunnel.

·
Registered
137 Posts
WHACKER got it all correct--- and its an easy way to increace your visability (we all know we are invisable to car and truck drivers)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts