Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading out at 6:30 in the morning (Tuesday) for an 8 day ride. Me and about 5 other guys do this at least once but sometimes twice a year. We call it our GUYS ONLY RIDE. We usually head into Colorado, Utah, Wyoming and around that area. This year we decided to stay in Northern Calif. Should be a great ride and it looks like the weather will be good also. This is my first long ride on my Concours, all others years, 25 of them, have been on Gold Wings. I have bar risers, Phil wedges, bigger windshield, grip puppies, GPS CB and MP3 player, new tires and fresh oil change, so I guess I'm ready.
Here is our plan ride. Starts in San Jacinto, Ca
Day 1: Ride to Santa Marie. 253 Miles
Day 2: Ride around Santa Marie. Miles ??
Day 3: Don will lead us from here to Mariposa---- 230 mi.
Day 4: Mariposa to Sonora hwy 108 to 395 to 89 to 88 and to Angels Camp. ----274 mi.
Day 5: Angels Camp to hwy 4 to hwy 88 to hwy 41 to grass Valley. ------238 mi.
Day 6: Grass valley on hwy 49 to hwy 89 to hwy 70 to hwy 20 to Williams. ------261 mi.
Day 7: Williams on Hwy 20 to Clear Lake and rd. 29 to Napa to hwy 5 and south to around Los Banos.---------290 mi.
Day 8: South on hwy 5 to home. 350 Miles

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Hope you have a great time Joe. Make sure you take some pics for us and let us know how the Kow runs as compared to the Wing. Wave to the folks in Grass Valley on your way through. My wife has relatives there. Nevada City is a nice tourist trap close by.

Ride safe and enjoy...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Okay, I'm jealous...Have a safe trip. I would love to ride in CA. sometime. I was stationed in Monterey in 1980, no time or money for riding as is the case for most 19 year old's.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
have a great time joeand take some pic's for me, i'm still under the weather

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
have a great time joeand take some pic's for me, i'm still under the weather
Lets go William. You need to get better so you can get on the Wing and ride. Weather is starting to finally cooperate. Be safe and get better soon....

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Sounds like a good ride. I'll be staring at a map thinking about your ride. Weather is pretty here also but starting to hit the 90's.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Lets go William. You need to get better so you can get on the Wing and ride. Weather is starting to finally cooperate. Be safe and get better soon....
i was out riding when i got the flu. TWW i am working on getting better and hopefully by friday i'll be back on two wheels

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Looks like a great trip and you have given yourself time to stop and look around. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Maybe Joe needs a helmet cam;) Shiny side up my friend!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts