Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well tomorrow, Monday, myself and 3 friends will be taking off at 6:15 a.m. for Colorado. We will be back on Saturday night so you guys and gals play nice, I'll check in if I can get internet service at a motel. Here is the route plan from South Calif.

Summary of Colorado trip

First day: Desert Center- Needles- Stop for night in Flagstaff = 471 miles

Second Day: Highway 40 to Gallup, N. on 491 to Cortez, E. on 160 to Durango . Stay the night = 368 miles.

Third Day: Highway 160 to 112 E. to 285 N. to 17. N. to 50 E. to 9 N to 11 N. E past Cripple Creek to 24 E. to Woodland Park . Stay the night. =417 miles.

Forth Day: Highway 67 N. to 285, W. & S. to 50, W. to 550, S. to Durango . Stay the night == 389 miles

Fifth Day: Highway 160 W. to 17, S. to169. W. to Prescott . Stay the night ==425 miles

Sixth Day: Travel home Approx. 387 miles

·
Premium Member
11,004 Posts
Joe of calif. Thank you for such a detailed itinerary. With the detail that you have posted I am able to see where you are going and get a better idea. Love the fact that you put the direction and road number. If I was doing that trip I would want 2 weeks so I can stop and have a look at everything. Love to see photos when you get back.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We started to do this trip in May, but the weather was so bad with snow and rain in Colorado we stayed in Arizona and New Mexico. So it looks like things will be better now as far as the weather goes. One the guys has to get back home in a week or we would make it a 10 day trip, but you got to do what you got to do. See everyone when we return.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Sounds like a coffee run for you Joe. Only 300+ and 400+ mile days. You must be slowing down... or your fellow riders can't keep up and you are being gracious. Enjoy your trip and remember the pics... Ride safe..

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Actually Joe, you could make that trip on a Connie, but it wouldn't be the same! Ride safe buddy.:D

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
A beautiful area to ride through. Look forward to seeing some pictures.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Hi Joe

It looks really good to me. The days mileage are practical, I must be getting ......less young! Have a great ride, be careful.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dang Joe,
I'm in Oceanside and would have loved to tagged along for the trip. Maybe next time.
We try to do this twice a year, once in May and then again in October, maybe next time.,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts