Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARound 19may headed to Southeast W. Va, I looked on the motorcycle roads website, some great roads listed in the area, any ideas of things to see, do etc? I've never been to WV

Chris

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
I'm sure some of the "locals" will chime in but in the meantime, you can check this site out. Have a great trip and enjoy the ride. Ride safe...

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Seneca Rock I heard was a great ride, Highway 33. Plan on seeing it for myself this year. I have a rental property about 30 miles north of the intersection of 81 and 33 in a town called Woodstock VA. This is the only place I can think of at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
I know that in the southern section of the state there are some wineries & may be even a distillery or two. I believe there is some nice State Forest areas to ride through. If you want to make your way a little up the state & your into Auto racing, the Formula Car Club that we race with will be at Summit Point Raceway the 22nd/23rd. We are ametuers so there is no admission fee (usually). You can see some good racing & that area is very scenic. My team will probably be there (Fossil Racing) however that is the weekend we're going with our friends to their camp on the bikes, so I'll be riding as well. Didn't mean to bore you but remember you did ask.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the travel tips guys!! I'll be looking at routes and such this week!

Chris

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Bullseye,
Be prepared for a great and scenic trip. I once told a friend that many times while going through the curves in WV, I realized that the tail light in front of me was, in fact, my own.:) Great motorcycle roads. Enjoy and be safe.

Bill

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking forward to a great road trip, and territory I've never been to before.

Chris

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just back from a fantastic trip to southeastern West VA. Outstanding roads and scenery. Stayed in Marlinton at the: http://oldclarkinn.com/

a very inexpensive b&b that caters to motorcyclists and bicyclists. It was great meeting other riders while there, the owners, Andrea and Nelson are great people. Nelson is a rider and his knowledge of local roads was very helpful!

Chris

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Just back from a fantastic trip to southeastern West VA. Outstanding roads and scenery. Stayed in Marlinton at the: http://oldclarkinn.com/

a very inexpensive b&b that caters to motorcyclists and bicyclists. It was great meeting other riders while there, the owners, Andrea and Nelson are great people. Nelson is a rider and his knowledge of local roads was very helpful!

Chris
Bookmarked your B&B site listed, bullseye. The wife has relatives in Beckley, WV. This could be an incentive. TKS. P.S. Welcome home and welcome back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts