Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who were here last year, my wife and I are headed out again this year. Last year it was the Great River Road to Wisconsin, then over to the Poconos, back down the BRP. This year, we are up to WI, then coming back the western route through SD, NE, OK, and TX-LA. Pictures to come.... Couple of weeks away yet.:):):):)

·
Premium Member
11,007 Posts
Looking forward to your trip and photos. Eric

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Sounds like it's going to be a great ride. Enjoy and be safe. Take lots of pics.

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
Hope you find some of that "dry" heat. Sounds like a good route. Have a good trip, look forward to the pictures and notes.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Have a great ride Badger!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trip Report

Well, folks.... We aimed to head out July 1, but the wife and I got news that her father has esophageal cancer. We moved him into our house and into hospice care. What a month of changes. Along with that news, my father has a heart condition which requires an experimental surgery provided by two clinics only in the U.S. So, our trip changed to me riding up to Wisconsin via interstate 65.... to see my father. No pictures necessary there. On the way back, father-in-law had a bad reaction to medication and took a ride in the ambulance to the emergency room, so I high tailed it back to AL. Rode 658 miles, 10 hours on the second day to get back early... 10 hours...thank goodness for a Goldwing. Sorry for the downer instead of the great pictures of our planned trip.:eek:

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Pictures can wait, family cannot. Wishing them all the best.

·
Premium Member
11,007 Posts
Plans are just that, plans. Sometimes more important things come to the top of the list. This is one of them time's. That route may make it's way to the top of the list and we will enjoy it then. Best of luck with your loved ones. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Badg, our thoughts are with you, your wife & family. In the grand scheme of it all, it becomes clear what is truly important. Take care.

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
Yes, family first. Hope everything goes well.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all. Right you are. The Wing is best in service of others, but I must say that it was still a blast riding to Wisconsin (even alone). My wife is going crazy. She hasn't been on the back in a month....the longest stretch since we've had it (a year). The other day we had everything set for a short ride in the afternoon, and the thunderstorms rolled in with vengence...:rolleyes:

I ride everyday to work, so I have it made. She is bummed out.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Prayers coming for you and yours.
I wish you all the best.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts