Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i managed to lose a timing belt and bent a valve. i have another set of heads but i do not have the torque specs or sequence. i dont know if it matters but i am workin on a 1981 gw and the heads i have came off a 83. the heads look identicle but if there is any difference that would be good info to have also thank you very much and hope to hear from someone soon OGRE

·
Registered
129 Posts
Specs call for 38-41 lb/ft. I usually don't even use a torque wrench, all I do is use a 1/2" ratchet and zig-zag back and forth between the bolts applying a small amount of pressure equally on each till it's nice and tight.
Since you have the heads off you can lap the valves. With the cam and springs removed it only takes less than 5 min. per valve using the lapping paste and a cordless drill (spinning slowly back and forth).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you totaly saved me a bunch of time

Specs call for 38-41 lb/ft. I usually don't even use a torque wrench, all I do is use a 1/2" ratchet and zig-zag back and forth between the bolts applying a small amount of pressure equally on each till it's nice and tight.
Since you have the heads off you can lap the valves. With the cam and springs removed it only takes less than 5 min. per valve using the lapping paste and a cordless drill (spinning slowly back and forth).
thank you very much if you was here i would shake your hand in gratitude :):D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts