Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this new to me 2005 goldwing, and I am ready to out on a new front tire with the ceramic beads.
Since I bought the tire from Wing Stuff, I have to have a shop mount this for me. Talking to the shop they were discussing the 40 mph wobble that I experience when alone on the bike. The front tire is pretty cupped, question is should I change the head set while I am there?
Is this a must do change for these bikes?
Its a pretty involved repair.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have this new to me 2005 goldwing, and I am ready to out on a new front tire with the ceramic beads.
Since I bought the tire from Wing Stuff, I have to have a shop mount this for me. Talking to the shop they were discussing the 40 mph wobble that I experience when alone on the bike. The front tire is pretty cupped, question is should I change the head set while I am there?
Is this a must do change for these bikes?
Its a pretty involved repair.
Yes! Put the All BALLZ tapered bearings in. Make sure they properly torque the jam nut and put lock-tite on it.

Too bad you don't live close to Loganville, GA. I do the bearing for a lot less than anyone else, especially the dealers. You bring the bearings, and I do while you wait for $225.00.

E-mail if interested. [email protected]

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Bigcat, the quote I have is from a guy here in NC,

$200 labor and the parts ( in stock ) $40.00. I am not sure what brand he has for the parts. He estimated a three hour job.

Their is also a three waiting period. My bike has 47K miles on it, and I do have the wobble, which I was originally thinking it was the cupping of the from tire. Now I am thinking differently.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would definetly change the steering head bearings and install the "All Balls"
taper bearings. My bike wobbled terribly, I changed them my self about 60,000 miles ago and have not had the wobble since. Do it you will be very glad you did.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts