Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my goldwind a few months ago. I was digging around in the dash and found a little head phone jack floating around in there. It's the male side. I thought that it might be an Aux in so I plugged in my MP3 player and played around with all the settings on the radio. I couldn't get anything to come out of the stereo. I then decided that it must be for the CB. But then discovered that the jack is plugged into the stereo. Anybody know anything about this? thanks. Scott

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
If your bike is an Interstate, it should be the Aux input on the radio.

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Where is it plugged in at? The radio with the tape in it had no provisions for an AUX input. There is, however, a way to add one. The link to the instructions has been posted on the forum.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Someone has done some mods to your radio. The Interstate was the only model I know of that has an aux input and it had a knob for aux/radio. Try your mp3 while selecting the tape player and see if you hear anything.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Only the 1800 had a factory Aux jack cable (male end on it) on it; 1500 and previous did not. Can you contact the p/o and ask him what it was for and how it's connected?

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Thank you!
I have a male plug in the left side dash pocket and wondered what it was for. I have a 2005 GL1800. I thought it was added by the PO. It's factory then?

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Yes, factory on the 1800.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Only the 1500 Interstates had the aux plug, the aspy and se did not. Can you post a photo of your radio and the of the plug going into the radio?

·
Registered
344 Posts
It might be a pigtail from the battery used to connect heated clothing, or to pulg in a battery tender.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The jack is for pluging in a MP3 player or other music device. After plugging it in, you need to change your sound system over the AUX in order to listen to it.

On my 2012, I am able to even use the basic controls for going through the music and so forth but it is limited when plugged into the jack in the front left pocket. I do not know if older models go that far in terms of controlling anything but that is how and what the jack is for.

The nice thing with the 2012 is it has a built in MP3 and music player accessed via the USB plug in the trunk. All you have to do is plug in a USB memory stick and go to USB mode and your radio system works exactly like any other MP3 players.. it even uses all controls etc etc...

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Thank you!
I have a male plug in the left side dash pocket and wondered what it was for. I have a 2005 GL1800. I thought it was added by the PO. It's factory then?
Yes, factory. Plug it into your MP3 player, select AUX on the dash and use the volume up and down on the left handle bar for volume. To Fast Forward, Skip or do anything other than volume, you have to use the MP3 player function buttons. :nod: Isaac

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ipod Plug

I use an Ipod Shuffle to play music throug my Wing Speakers. Borrow on from a kid if you don't have one and try it out. :D Aux should show on screen.

My bike is just a GL. It has a tape deck. There nothing that guys indicates an Sux other then the cord being there. So how do you turn it on to use it? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Sross76, It sounds as though somebody added an AUX input. There are two Ways to do it: One uses a switch, the other works when a tape is inserted.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ok, did some searching on google. 1990 seemed to be a busy year for the GL1500. Splits in trim levels, SE level joins the standard level with two tone paint and such. '91 makes more changes, SE, the Standard becomes the Aspencade, and Interstate joins the fold sans most of the extras to make it 40 lbs lighter. Now in '92 Honda had changed to a Panasonic unit, which did included a special input jack connector for the use of portable cassette or cd player.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.