Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my right headlight bulb on the 1500 wing is not working so how do i replace it other than taking the bike to the shop

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Where is Joe-in-calf when you need him. I'll go check and see what I can find....

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks charlie now i have to go get some bulbs

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Buzz,

two wheel did a better job showing what to do when I was typing.

you will have to pull back the rubber boot and release a metal clip that holds the bulb in place and then pull the bulb loose from the connector.

you'r done.

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
No problem Foss. you give a good point. I put HID on my sabre and it made a big difference.

BTW, these lights you linked are cheaper than oem. I was quoted $30 a piece. I needed one recently and wanted it same day. When I vomited upon hearing the price, the counter guy said, "hey I got some in the back, same bulb, no brand name for $10 each so I put in 2 because of the hassle to install. If I would have had time tho' install what Fossil linked above.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the help guys, i took care of the lights after work yesterday but it was easier after i removed the mirrors

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I orginally wrote to take off the mirrors but deleted it. I do the same thing.
Either way, they certainly made this jigsaw puzzle a rascal to change a freaking bulb.

I put in 2 new ones at the same time and hope it's done for a while.

Glad you got'r done.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Glad you got them in William. Always good to see where you are going.

·
Registered
470 Posts
This is a timely thread; I took my '88 headlight apart yesterday,but, I couldn't post anything. Glad to see things are back to normal! Anyway, what I found was that the plunger that is used to adjust the headlight was "dry & sticky". So, tinkering is what I do best..I lubed it! It would hardly move before that, the spring couldn't overcome the resistance & the knob was "stiff" at best. It's all good now, I was going to say this yesterday..we all know how that went. So, just a FYI.:D
BTW, I didn't know this & maybe others don't either...this adjustment is different on the 1500's and the 1200's.
The 15's have a "tab" that the plunger butts up against, this is what moves when you turn the knob..the 12's are connected directly to the headlight; There is a "tiny" gear on the headlight end of the adjuster cable..it's a slip fit & can fall off AND did in my case:eek:... only to disappear into the bowels of the fairing..that lil sucker was hell to find! Just a heads-up in case anyone does this.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts