Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday as I was coming there was a Harley rider with big ape hangers, fish tails and a 1/2 helmet with a spike on top pulled to the side of the road for some reason, and he was in soft dirt and gravel, as I approached he intersection he started to pull out and thought it would be funny to rap his pipes and throw dirt over everyone's cars that was there, well he lost control of the bike and dropped it, there was another guy on a bike at the intersection and he helped him pick up his bike, I know it's not funny when you drop your bike but if anyone deserves it he did,

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
It's been said before, but "stupid hurts". Hope he learned a lesson...

Oh, by the way Joe... Welcome to the 1,000 post club. That makes 5 that I know of... Ride safe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Why would anyone ride with ape hangers anyway ? It can't be so cool that you would ride like that. Makes as much sense as wearing barb wire thongs. lol

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I'm all for helping someone out if they go over with their bike but not because of stupidity. We had quite a bit of rainat our rally last year and one fellow was bound and determined to ride around the grounds on his Dresser. Naturally he dumped it in the mud; we helped him up, and he then proceeded to tell us what he thought of our rally site. I promptly told him what I thought of his decision and his riding skills.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
The best one we have seen happened last year. A storm was coming everyone was trying to beat it. We came to a light and on a steep hill. The guy in front was 2 up and fully dressed. When the light turned green, he didn't go anywhere. (this is where it went south) He had to make a decision:
a-do I hammer the shifter to get from 3rd down to first or
b-do I put down my feet and start over.

He picked "a" and looked a little like a dog scratching a flea. He hammered the shifter for a second or two until they both fell over.

This in itself was pretty funny and I have done worse. The funny part was the "wife" on the back. She had a drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other with a 2 inch long ash. As they tipped over, she hopped off on one foot and continued to hop 3 or 4 times until she steadied herself. All the while watching the cigarette as if she had the record for the longest ash. Just as soon as she caught her balance, she marched right back to the bike and lowered her shoulder(she looked like Popeye going to save Olive Oil). The bike didn't go far, the guards kept it pretty much upright but with a little help from her hubby, she righted the bike and hopped on. All of this without so much of a word or a look.

I swear it looked like a fire drill that they had worked on daily for months. She never lost her drink or her ash. (yes, I said ash).

I almost dropped my bike laughing. We still remember the kind of bike and the vanity plate but I will be kind. Doubt he is here anyway.

Slapstick humor is funny because we are glad it wasn't us. And I am sure that I will be penalized for posting this. My only wish was to have had the camcorder on.

I am not all mean, I gave her a 10.0 on both degree of diffeculty and style.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Along with Pride goeth Grandpa liked to say, what goes round comes round. Now and then the right thing happens. To all who posture thick, dripping independence; don't expect much when things sour.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts