Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a lot about GW vs HD. Tell you all what, I went to a HD dealer for an Texas MV inspection today. We talked some about the differances between the bikes but at no time did anyone have anything but good to say about the Green Wing. I felt likee if I had walked in and purchased a neu Ultra Glide I would have recieved the same treetment. If you are riding on IH10 just east of Boerny Texas, drop in to say hi at Javalina Harley. By the way, I got the same service at Alamo Honda.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
We talked some about the differances between the bikes but at no time did anyone have anything but good to say about the Green Wing.
You know Lonewolf I have had similar experiances. Some of my friends have Harleys. Of course we all jest with each other about the stopping to help them when parts fall off, Where are you going to get fuel "you can't buy rice out here". You know the typical. But when it is all said & done the bottom line is we all love life on two (three) wheels & it's all about the ride. That includes the Dealers.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
A large number of my buddies ride Harleys, but none of them ever make back handed remarks about any of the Japanese bikes I've had (of course there's always a few jokes in good fun:D). Having been a Harley rider myself, I can say honestly that the biggest reason I didn't replace my write-off RK with another was that I'm just tired of hearing from a small but vocal sector of HD diehards that believe ANYTHING other than a Motor Company product just isn't a motorcycle. Bollix! Rates right up there with the who's the better rider debate. Like it matters. There's good and bad riders on everything, and there's good and bad things about every bike brand and model made world wide. The way I seet it, my Mrs. is happier than she's been since I sold the 1500 and that's what really matters; happy wife, happy life.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
We talked some about the differances between the bikes but at no time did anyone have anything but good to say about the Green Wing.
And that's the way it should be. I never talk down anybody's ride regardless of year, make or model and I hope they respect mine as well. If we didn't love to ride we wouldn't own any of them. So for me it's about the fact that we share a love of 2 or 3 wheels and the open road less traveled. Ride safe, whatever you ride...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I hope every HD rider enjoys their motorcycle as much as I enjoy my wing.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I've had newbie's go to Bikes Blues and BBQ in Fayettville with me. I 've been with the sportbike crowd, the Wing crowd. Cruisers are the Number one style bike there. First rule, Never I repeat never look down on someone else or their ride. I don't care if it looks like pure crap(and some do), find something good to say or say nothing. I've gone for the last 6 years and had nothing but a good time with many different people that I might never see again. The fact we RIDE is enough to break the bouderies. Lifes to short to be MAD.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I've had newbie's go to Bikes Blues and BBQ in Fayettville with me. I 've been with the sportbike crowd, the Wing crowd. Cruisers are the Number one style bike there. First rule, Never I repeat never look down on someone else or their ride. I don't care if it looks like pure crap(and some do), find something good to say or say nothing. I've gone for the last 6 years and had nothing but a good time with many different people that I might never see again. The fact we RIDE is enough to break the bouderies. Lifes to short to be MAD.
marcsvette That is very true feel the same way I just love to ride what others ride is there thing and I hope they are enjoying there ride as much as I enjoy mine Live to Ride Ride to Live

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hope every HD rider enjoys their motorcycle as much as I enjoy my wing.
Well put, Ken. If it's two wheels (and sometimes three), it's all good.

Nice to hear stories like these. I'm afraid the more negative experiences usually receive more attention. The positive ones usually fly under the radar. Thanks for sharing your story, Lone Wolf.

Cheers,

Joe

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Intramural competition is as old as recorded history. What is horse racing but two farmers claiming that their respective horse could plow a field in half the time, etc. All of this has lead to better designs and modifications. Let's keep innovation alive. Brag on!

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
" My dog's bigger cause He gets Kenlration. My dog's bigger than yours"

·
Banned
3,192 Posts
Yea... well

My dad could beat up your dad if we weren't brothers.

I read this once and kept it as it just makes good sense:

Bikers Creed

I ride because it is fun.

I ride because I enjoy the freedom I feel from being exposed to the elements, and the vulnerability to the danger that is intrinsic to riding.

I do not ride because it is fashionable to do so.

I ride my machine, not wear it. My machine is not a symbol of status. It exists simply for me, and me alone.

My machine is not a toy. It is an extension of my being, and I will treat it accordingly, with the same respect as I have for myself.

I strive to understand the inner-workings of my machine, from the most basic to the most complex.

I will learn everything I can about my machine, so that I am reliant upon no one but myself for its health and well being.

I strive to constantly better my skill of control over my machine. I will learn its limits, and use my skill to become one with my machine so that we may keep each other alive. I am the master, it is the servant. Working together in harmony, we will become an invincible team.

I do not fear death. I will, however, do all possible to avoid death prematurely. Fear is the enemy, not death. Fear on the highway leads to death, therefore I will not let fear be my master. I will master it.

My machines will outlive me. Therefore, they are my legacy. I will care for them for future bikers to cherish as I have cherished them, whoever they may be.

I do not ride to gain attention, respect, or fear from those that do NOT ride, nor do I wish to intimidate or annoy them. For those that do not know me, all I wish from them is to ignore me. For those
that desire to know me, I will share with them the truth of myself, so that they might understand me and not fear others like me.

I will never be the aggressor on the highway. However, should others mess with me, their aggression will be dealt with in as severe manner as I can cast upon them.

I will show respect to other bikers more experienced or knowledgeable than I am. I will learn from them all I can. However, if my respect is not acknowledged or appreciated, it will end.

I will not show disrespect to other bikers less experienced or knowledgeable than I am. I will teach them what I can. However, if they show me disrespect, they will be slapped.

It will be my task to mentor new riders, that so desire, into the lifestyle of the biker, so that the breed shall continue. I shall instruct them, as I have been instructed by those before me. I shall preserve and honor traditions of bikers before me, and I will pass them on unaltered.

I will not judge other bikers on their choice of machine, their appearance, or their profession. I will judge them only on their conduct as bikers. I am proud of my accomplishments as a biker, though I will not flaunt them to others. If they ask, I will share them.

I will stand ready to help any other biker that truly needs my help.

I will never ask another biker to do for me what I can do for myself.

I am not a part-time biker. I am a biker when, and where ever I go. I am proud to be a biker, and hide my chosen lifestyle from no one. I ride because I love freedom, independence, and the movement of the ground beneath me. But most of all, I ride to better understand myself, my machine, the lands in which I ride, and to seek out and know other bikers like myself.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Its all good, better if it starts..... hee hee .

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have had so many good compliments about my 85 interstate! My mechanic is a custom Harley builder! He was shocked at the pristine condition of the bike as well as the power! No one believes it is so old! Formerly a Harley rider myself i give all riders respect even if they ride lil scooters! As far as the wave thing i have been snubbed by as many Harleys as other bikes so it is really of no consequence! I truly live to ride! I may even try snow !! Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heheheeh!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
We had the reverse of Lonewolftx a few weeks ago in Americus, Ga. Rolling Thunder sponsers the Ride Home for our former POW's. One of our members has a HD-V-Rod and he lost a brake line. The Honda dealer in town ordered the needed part from a HD dealer across the state and the mechanic loned our member his own personal bike so he good make the parade on Saturday. In fact he was offered two bikes to ride, a HD-Sporty or a Goldwing. Now that is real southern hospitality. It is nice to know there are still people out there that understand and will help a guy in need.

Coastie

·
Banned
3,192 Posts
Which bike did he choose to ride? Inquiring minds just have to know.

We had the reverse of Lonewolftx a few weeks ago in Americus, Ga. Rolling Thunder sponsers the Ride Home for our former POW's. One of our members has a HD-V-Rod and he lost a brake line. The Honda dealer in town ordered the needed part from a HD dealer across the state and the mechanic loned our member his own personal bike so he good make the parade on Saturday. In fact he was offered two bikes to ride, a HD-Sporty or a Goldwing. Now that is real southern hospitality. It is nice to know there are still people out there that understand and will help a guy in need.

Coastie

·
Super Moderator
7,669 Posts
I've owned Harley Electra Glides for years and this is my first Wing. They are both nice bikes and they do the same thing. I like them both and wish I could have an Tri-glide to complement my Wing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts