Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 GL1500.I pushed the hazard switch on to check the lights and now the switch will not come back out, has anyone else has this problem?What can I do to fix this problem?

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Go to Radio Shack and get a can of Contact Cleaner. It won't hurt the plastic , but cover the area under and around the switch, keep the mess in one area, and spray the cleaner in around the switch while you continue to work the switch. Once it releases give it a couple more squirts for good measure.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Ron's got you covered on this, that's good advise for a common problem on 1500's. I just wanted to chime in with a Welcome from a fellow Keystoner from Schuykill County. We ride up your way a couple times of year. My friends have a Camp outside of Morris.

Again welcome to the GWOF.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Mine would stick on my 98 GL1500 also. Did exactly what has been suggested and it took care of the problem. Just an accumulation of dirt and grime in there.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Just an add-on from what's been said already, after you get the switch cleared up, a couple bursts with some compressed air (also available at Radio Shack in a can) to dry things out and remove any leftover particles that may linger and cause the same glitch.

·
Registered
81 Posts
YEP_YEP & YEP on those answers. No WD40. Also computer key board spray cleaner and compress air works great, incase you have some of that.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts