Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new to the forum board and finally a first time wing owner. I just bought a '94 GL1500A back in August and decided to try and fix a problem with it over the winter months. The hazard flasher only works the left flasher, nothing from the right. I switched the hazard flasher with the turn signal flasher, but still the same thing. Any suggestions before I try to tackle the wiring harness?

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Welcome to the site. Great bunch of people here,

I guess the obvious bulb was checked correct?
Did you check to see that the bulb socket is either not coroded or possibly loose?

I'm sure others will be along soon with other items to check.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
You might want to try flushing the Hazard switch out good with some contact cleaner from Radio Shack.
Put some old rags around the switch and spray the cleaner in all around the button while working the switch.
According the my 1993 manual power from the relay comes to the switch where it splits and goes to each side.
I'd start there before tearing into the wiring.
You might want to flush all the switch with contact clear, they do tend to stick at times.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick responses. I should have mentioned that the turn signals both work fine so bulbs are ok. I will try contact cleaner as I used it once already to free up a sticky mute button. After reading further into my manual, I do agree that it makes sense to start at the switch itself. Anything to avoid the wiring!! I also agree with you fossil. Great site with a great bunch of people. These are my first posts, but I have been following on the site since I bought the bike.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Thanks for the quick responses. I should have mentioned that the turn signals both work fine so bulbs are ok. I will try contact cleaner as I used it once already to free up a sticky mute button. After reading further into my manual, I do agree that it makes sense to start at the switch itself. Anything to avoid the wiring!! I also agree with you fossil. Great site with a great bunch of people. These are my first posts, but I have been following on the site since I bought the bike.
So you are new guy also, Great; welcome to the forum. Join the :D
crowd.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome from the opposite side of the state.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Matt and Ron for the welcomes. Matt, apparently we share more than the same state. Not only do you have the same wing as I do, but I see you are a fan of the CB's. I am the original owner of a 1981 CB650 custom. Still going strong and looking pretty good. I love my wing, but I'll never part with my 650.....lot of great memories. Jim

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You WILL enjoy your wing. I had the same problem with my 1500 and found the only good fix was to replace the switch cluster that included the hazard switcy. Mine would flash only one side, but if I left it on for a while sometimes the other side would come on. Once you use the contact cleaner, turn the switch on and off a bunch of times and see if that helps clear the problem.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome to GWOF jsn14. It's way more fun participating than 'lurking':D

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. I would try cleaning the switch first..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts