Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hazard button is sticking. I've read the threads about the problem but I don't know how to get that panel off so I can lubricate the button. How do you take that panel off? :eek:

wingdinger

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
I ride a 1500 so my Hazard switch is by the left hand grip, but I guess on the 1800 it on that panel down by your left knee. If you can't get the panel off, try spraying all around the switch with Radio Shack Contact Clearer while trying to work the switch. When It comes free flush again with the cleaner. Then use some canned Air from Radio Shack and blow the gunk out of the switch. Should work if you can't get the panel off.
From The Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Ditto what Ron says. Works everytime.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will try to hit it with some wd40 tomorrow. I took out the pocket and the plastic back plate to the panel. It should be easier to get to now.

wingdinger

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
I wouldn't use WD-40. Use an Electrical a Contact Clean, then blow out the gunk with Canned air.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
wingdinger, Again Ron is correct. What you need to do is clean it without leaving a residue, which is what you will achieve with the contact cleaner. Any petroleum based product will really only make it worse if you can believe it. If you don't have access to a Radio Shack (which Ron may have stock in.:D) an electrical supply company should have it as well.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Remember to protect all surrounding areas with rags so as to minimize the amount of overspray on the rest of the fairing parts. That stuff can sometimes damage other parts if left on it for any length of time.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Remember to protect all surrounding areas with rags so as to minimize the amount of over spray on the rest of the fairing parts. That stuff can sometimes damage other parts if left on it for any length of time.
Never had any problems with the stuff from Radio Shack, But it sure doesn't hurt to cover things up a bit, makes clean up easier. And don't leave it on, I suppose it could stain over time.

Fossil: Now I'm wishing I had a few hundred share of R.S. stocks or at least the Cleaner company.:(

Ron

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update:

I did take the trim piece off. I took out the one bolt and there was one clip on the panel that needed to be depressed(same side as bolt) and the panel slides out to the left. Then I took off the back plate to the panel. I wrapped the panel in a towel and squirted electric cleaner into the switch several times and that did it. Thanks for all the help!

wingdinger

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Update:

I did take the trim piece off. I took out the one bolt and there was one clip on the panel that needed to be depressed(same side as bolt) and the panel slides out to the left. Then I took off the back plate to the panel. I wrapped the panel in a towel and squirted electric cleaner into the switch several times and that did it. Thanks for all the help!

wingdinger
Ya; gotta just love it when things work out.;)

Ron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts