Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Wife says that my shifting now is smoother than an auotmatic, but it took me over 40 years to get there.😕

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought my 2015 new and thought I had transmission issues when I first bought it because of the noisy clunking transmission. I did try Amsoil oil and I think it certainly helped but after 23,000 miles I realize now it is all about me. I do the "preload" pressure for shifting and tend to shift a bit early but it all depends on the conditions for me. Somedays I hit them all perfect and they just click into place, some days I hear the clunk but it is mostly in between 1st and 2nd gear. I think it is mostly driver actions that cause the noise, that it is perfectly normal and not an issue for the transmission or engine. Ride it and enjoy it.

Steve
I’m with you. Got a 2004 36K mi unit, and my first ride on a Wing was the test ride. Spending more time (300 mi?) on the bike and I’m learning that this bike does not shift like other bikes I have owned. Various Yamahas and KTMs of note, I routinely shifted up/down with no clutch. This bike, not so much. It seems much more liking of very precise shift lever pressure (timing) relative to throttle and clutch. I’m sure I can shift it super smooth, I’m OCD about the bike shifting and feeling as if it were an auto trans... but it will take some getting used to.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts