Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today was the day, I put stabil in my wifes bike, and put it away for the year. We are storing them at her Moms house for the winter. Then I put some in my wing, and filled her up. Didnt have much else going on today, and since it was in the upper 30's, I decided to go for a short ride. It was actually a nice ride. It made me second guess my thinking about taking the wing over to her Moms, might just have to keep it here, at least for a little while longer.:confused:

·
Registered
363 Posts
I don't know about you but I never store my trike for the winter as I actually do more riding during the colder weather then in the hot summer. As long as the roads are dry and clear of ice and snow, I'm riding. At least in the winter, I can put more clothes on and be comfortable. Not the case during the hot summer. But then again,, that me,,,.

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
I know what you mean, Big Daddy. Mine is in its winter storage position, but not covered up or hooked to the battery tender, just yet.

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
my wing is still in my back yard. with the van at the shop for winter maintanance the wing is my only transportation untill tomorrow evening

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
I'm hoping for at least one more good ride before I put the wing away for the winter.

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
I'm hoping for at least one more good ride before I put the wing away for the winter.
i'm hoping to get afew good rides between now and mid-december. last year i rode unitl dec 17 befroe finally putting the 1500 wing in hibernation

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
i'm hoping to get afew good rides between now and mid-december. last year i rode unitl dec 17 befroe finally putting the 1500 wing in hibernation
We already have a little anti-skid gravel on some roads from the snow we had.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Had put stable in the wing last week, but today I went for a lunch ride with WingRat. Had to fill up again and put more stable in the tank again,just . Holding off on the oil change for a bit yet.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
I feel sorry for you folks that have to store your bike for the winter. That can't be a good feeling. Sometimes living down here has its advantages and I guess this is one of them. It was 88 degrees today and I took the wing out for a 100 mile ride.

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
Rub it in, will ya! :mad:

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
I feel sorry for you folks that have to store your bike for the winter. That can't be a good feeling. Sometimes living down here has its advantages and I guess this is one of them. It was 88 degrees today and I took the wing out for a 100 mile ride.
we park our wings cause it gets too cold and you park your wing cause it gets too hot. either way we don't get to ride

·
Banned
103 Posts
I'm pretty lucky, here. Maybe two weeks a year I have to drive and we have ethanol free gas here. So I have no need for lay up.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya, I would rather have to put it away for a couple of months because of the snow, then to have to deal with the heat down south.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Rub it in, will ya! :mad:
I said "I'm sorry"....Look at it this way, while your inside watching football games and sipping a hot toddy, I am out sweating like a toad on a hot rock right now. Ain't life wonderful? But on a break, I put the new battery in the FJR and took it out for a little spin. Rub, Rub:eek: Isaac

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
we park our wings cause it gets too cold and you park your wing cause it gets too hot. either way we don't get to ride
Several months ago when I came back from Colorado, I was riding in 95 degree weather in Raton, 105 degree weather from Dumas through Amarillo, Lubbock and at Sweetwater it dropped to 99. From there home it was in the high 90's. That was a 940 mile shot in one day with 2/3's of it in those temps. So, just so's ya know, I have never parked the bike due to hot temps. Just carry a lot of H2O with you all the time. I do admit that it is way more comfortable and fun riding in 20 degree weather than 100 degree weather. :) Isaac

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts
When mine goes to bed for the Winter it's because of the cold temps and also the junk that's all over the road and the condition of the roads here in PA. It's always tempting on those 50 degree days in January to get her out, but I manage to resist....

·
Registered
22 Posts
My rule of thumb is,if it's above 40 degrees and not raining I ride the bike.And I have been known to lower the degree sometimes.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My rule of thumb is,if it's above 40 degrees and not raining I ride the bike.And I have been known to lower the degree sometimes.
thats me as well. well, usually, I didnt last week and could have. but deeper into the winter riding is one the main reasons I bought a wing.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Two weeks ago

Being just to the west of you a couple hundred miles down I-90 I know just where you are at. I put mine up two weeks ago with the stabile and full tank of gas. Just put the bike in the corner of the shop and put the cover on. If we get an Indian summer day It is only a matter of moving the quads out of the way and a little more stabile for the new gas. It always pays to have a back up plan.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Well, it's on the plus side of freezing today and yesterday, but no safe place to ride...ice, snow and slop. :( Ah well, we had a great season this year all in all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts