Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Signed on the dotted line today but cant pick it up until the 2nd of April:(. Thats okay it gives me time to do some shopping to dress it up. Have looked at Wingstuff and i was shocked and horrified:eek:. Coming from a Harley Davidson which is an endless pit of buying accessories, i have discovered that i have fallen into a lager endless pit of accessories , god help me . I decided to go with the blue as we only have 2 colours to choose from in the luxury model here in Australia.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing. It really looks great. Let the 'farkling' begin. Lots of things to buy, so little time (and money). Try to contain yourself until the 2nd. Ride safe..

·
Registered
201 Posts
What a beautiful bike. The miles fly by on these babies and instead of "Are we there yet" its "Are we there already" :) Welcome to the GWOF

-Robert-

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Good on you Mate! I'll blow a note through my didgeridoo for ya. Watch out kangaroos. Hey! She's got the cowl lights already on her. There's a few AU$ you don't need to spend. Go for the Highway pegs or boards. Comfort before class.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Great looking bike.... enjoy the ride ;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the compiments guys, have been busy looking on wingstuff and have reached the $500.00 mark and have been told that is the limit for now from the boss. Will wait a month before i look again.
I now really feel like a wing man:)
By the way here is my baby i traded in, i'm going to miss her she was a great bike very little problems for 105000km.
I know my back will be a lot happier and also my eardrums:)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Looking at the pipes on your old Harley I'd say she was "Loud" which presents a new
problem for you with owning a Wing, you're not going to know if its running or not unless you look at the instrumentation,are you ready for that. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Great looking Harley. I know you will miss it, but I don't think you will regreat your purchase of a Wing. Ride safe down under...

·
Registered
449 Posts
The Harley was an awesome looking bike.......But,
Prepare to become spoiled!!!!!:D
Congrats on the WING purchase.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeh I guess i will miss the harley, but i know my body will love the goldwing. The only one who hates it is my wallet, it will be working overtime buying gifts for my new ride.:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats on your new wing. Finally pulled my 2010 out of the shop and put on my first 100 miles. You will not be disappointed. Go for the highway boards, and the bags that go into the saddlebags and tour pack. You will want to take this bike places. If you miss the exhaust of the hog, turn up the radio.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you miss the exhaust of the hog, turn up the radio
Hey Bill thats a thought i can always recored the exhaust sound on my harley to my I-Pod and then play it through the speakers.;)
Na I've reached the stage where no noise is good noise and music can take its place.
I bought the luxury model because here we have 2 modles to choose from , Standard or Luxury with all the bells and whistles. I do like the idea of highway boards though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congratulations. That's a beautiful new bike. I'd go stark, raving mad if I had to wait until the 2nd of April to get 'hold of it. I envy your patience.

Hoss

1 - 14 of 14 Posts