Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant believe it... has it been that long (10 years?) since I've been here but I'm gonna buy a 2022 DCT Automatic or at least I think i am and the wheels are turning (LOL). I'm no longer in Miami. I'm in New Orleans. There is a 2022 DCT Automatic at the dealer I have contacted and the MSRP is $25300; he's knocking off $1425 but/and there's a $300 handling charge so I'm looking at $24175 plus TT&L. Am I crazy or is this a good deal!?

Donald

· Super Moderator
13,372 Posts
Good to see you back!

I, unfortunately, can't answer your question.

· Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK I would think you of all folks would have a 'feel' for this but what do i know. Another dealer had the same bike and quoted me $25300 plus $300 plus $475 for surcharge and destination charges totalling $26075; that's a $2k difference. Almost seems like I'm missing something...

· Registered
8,601 Posts
Welcome back to the forum. Several people have stated that they paid list price for the newest Wings and some have had to wait months to get one in. The same kind of thing has also happened with tew cars and trucks.

· Administrator
16,328 Posts
Welcome back. I suspect one dealer wants it off his books, the other is holding out for full price.

· Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I received the buyers order on Thursday, spoke to the manager and confirmed the price. Once I actually realized he reduced the price I thought it was a 'better than usual' deal. Of course they were closed yesterday but ive already completed their online prequalification steps and sent him an email that i want the bike.

· Administrator
29,757 Posts
Welcome back Donald. The time sure does fly by doesn't it?

· Registered
9 Posts
I cant believe it... has it been that long (10 years?) since I've been here but I'm gonna buy a 2022 DCT Automatic or at least I think i am and the wheels are turning (LOL). I'm no longer in Miami. I'm in New Orleans. There is a 2022 DCT Automatic at the dealer I have contacted and the MSRP is $25300; he's knocking off $1425 but/and there's a $300 handling charge so I'm looking at $24175 plus TT&L. Am I crazy or is this a good deal!?

Donald
I bought my '21 in 2021 in Oklahoma, where I purchased my '08, and I paid $28,300 for the manual. The DCT's seem to run about $1K higher than manuals. It looked like, from what I've read, that the '22's only went up in price about $300-$400. Doesn't sound too bad to me. I'm just sayin' . . . .

· Registered
2013, honda, Goldwing, Nav/Audio/Comfort
1 Posts

Donald
Thats a market price, not a "deal" per se. The market for the DCT Wings has remained strong despite falling sales in other segments of the motorcycle market.

· Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats a market price, not a "deal" per se. The market for the DCT Wings has remained strong despite falling sales in other segments of the motorcycle market.
I don’t know if it’s a “deal” or a market fluctuation, or a market price but knocking $2500 off the MSRP and getting it At $23k and change I couldn’t pass it up

· Registered
30 Posts

Donald
Is it a new 22 and are you talking tour or non tour. (I'm assuming non tour at that price point) I paid full price in June for my non tour at $25,300. List price only but my 08 traded in at only $500 less than I paid for it 4 years prior.

· Registered
2009 Honda Goldwing Trike
12 Posts
I don’t know if it’s a “deal” or a market fluctuation, or a market price but knocking $2500 off the MSRP and getting it At $23k and change I couldn’t pass it up
A minute ago you said that they knocked off $1425 and now you say they knocked off $2500. Did they knock off more when you contacted about the price? $23K seems like a very doable price especially as they are so hard to find.

· Registered
19 Posts

Donald
Glad to have you back.

· Registered
2022 GL1800BD
5 Posts

Donald
Donald,
I'd personally jump on that deal. I paid full retail for my 22 Bagger DCT, and was very happy to get it for that - without any additional B.S. fees. Almost everywhere I searched nation wide the bike was MSRP plus or minus a bit, but the additional fees often added up to nearly $2000. Your deal is better than mine was by more than $1k. Take it and go home smiling.
Denny

1 - 20 of 30 Posts