Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Hartco Sheepskin this morning. I don't have any real issues with my stock seat (well not enough to warrant a full custom seat that's for sure) but we're (all of us) always looking for improvement right? So anyway, I had such great luck with my old 'faux' cover back when I had the 1200 (1200 seats were em, not the best) I though this would be a nice piece to try. The fellow I spoke to was extremely helpful and certainly answered all my questions and offered lots of hints to make the skin fit with my Utopia backrest and the rest of the seat etc. It'll be here in a couple weeks but I won't get the chance to try it for a couple months but it should look great I think. I'll post pics when I have it on the bike, and then post some thoughts and impressions as I get some 'seat time' on it.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
I just ordered a Hartco Sheepskin this morning. I don't have any real issues with my stock seat (well not enough to warrant a full custom seat that's for sure) but we're (all of us) always looking for improvement right? So anyway, I had such great luck with my old 'faux' cover back when I had the 1200 (1200 seats were em, not the best) I though this would be a nice piece to try. The fellow I spoke to was extremely helpful and certainly answered all my questions and offered lots of hints to make the skin fit with my Utopia backrest and the rest of the seat etc. It'll be here in a couple weeks but I won't get the chance to try it for a couple months but it should look great I think. I'll post pics when I have it on the bike, and then post some thoughts and impressions as I get some 'seat time' on it.

Good for you Daryl. I have a question for you?

Is the sheep :skippy sheep: out of it or did you get one legs and all.:poke:

:Wave::LaughHard:

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
It just never ends with you western Canadians and sheep does it?

You make them nervous as hell when they're alive and then you rub your buns on them when they're dead!:LaughAtYou:

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I'll bet you'll like it. I have a sheepskin from Ikea that I throw on often and really feel it helps. I think this year I'm going to get an Air Hawk to try. What I really want is a Russell seat, but the only way I'll do it is a drive in appointment and that just isn't going to work out this year.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
The only issues I had with the Hartco sheepskin cover I used on my 1988 GL1500 was that it makes me a little taller in the saddle and it stinks when it gots rained on. Other than that it was very comfortable.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good for you Daryl. I have a question for you?

Is the sheep :skippy sheep: out of it or did you get one legs and all.:poke:

:Wave::LaughHard:
Mark Hart assured me that all the sheep were scared outa them!

It just never ends with you western Canadians and sheep does it?

You make them nervous as hell when they're alive and then you rub your buns on them when they're dead!:LaughAtYou:
Home on the Canadian prairies, where men are men and sheep are nervous.

The only issues I had with the Hartco sheepskin cover I used on my 1988 GL1500 was that it makes me a little taller in the saddle and it stinks when it gots rained on. Other than that it was very comfortable.
Musta bin ASSid rain...

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Budoka said: "Home on the Canadian prairies, where men are men and sheep are nervous.":LaughHard:

Kinda like our deer here in Minnesota. Know why they run so fast?

We taught them to!:meme:

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Full cover for the seat is $249 USD. Rain cover is $40. I went with black as in Maestro's picture on Mark's recommendation; they offer a couple other colours, but balck is pretty universal matching so.
Kevin, did you never hear the tale of Barbara Walters interviewing the Indian Chief? Certainly not PG13 material nor is it suitable for forum reprint. Funny as H.E. double hockey sticks though:D

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
A couple questions, how much are these, and what about rain? Dont they get soaked when it rains?
They will get wet but they dry out quickly comparded to anything else and the rain doesn't damage it. One thing I like the most about a quality sheepskin cover is that they are cool to sit on in the summertime.

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Full cover for the seat is $249 USD. Rain cover is $40. I went with black as in Maestro's picture on Mark's recommendation; they offer a couple other colours, but balck is pretty universal matching so.
Kevin, did you never hear the tale of Barbara Walters interviewing the Indian Chief? Certainly not PG13 material nor is it suitable for forum reprint. Funny as H.E. double hockey sticks though:D
You mean, "No, deer too fast...:huh1:-holes too tight!" Yeah, and the Chief had a point!:icon_smile_blush:

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
:hahaha::twak:By the way, can you have your state move the deer crossings to areas that we travel less so we have a safer ride?
You've heard that phone call, too, huh? At first I thought it must be a joke, but sadly I don't think so. She's probably the same person who stopped in the middle of that curve almost killing Silver Bullet!:huh1: My Momma always said, "Stupid is as stupid does!"

Back to Budoka's original post: Sheepskins on the seat are nice, but I'm still wanting to try a gel pad for awhile. As a MAWGDAS* sufferer, I need more padding, maybe with a bead cover over it for pressure point relief.

*MAWGDAS = Middle Aged White Guy Disappearing Ass Syndrome:geezer:

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes Tatanka that's the story. ;)
MAWGDAS.....Bwahahahahahaha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.