Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in replacing my stock 2012 seat with an Ultimate or Hartco. I've heard great things about both, but have never tried one. I don't like the falling forward feeling, especially in the crotch area I have felt on every model year GW and I start getting very uncomfortable in the tailbone area after about 100 miles and have to take a break. I'm 6'2" and 210 lbs.

I won't have a chance to go to a rally and physically demo the seat and I want to go ahead and order one before the warm weather hits. I have several long distance trips planned this year and want to be comfortable. Any comments on your preference or feedback you've received from others? It seems they are both in the same price range. Regardless of price, I just want the best seat I can get.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Last time I checked, Ultimate had no provision for heat in their seats. Might be a decision maker right there.

·
Super Moderator
12,271 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,271 Posts
Heck, have one of our members that lives close to him pick it up for you and have them ship it.

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
I had a Hartco on my 1500. Loved it, don't know anything about Ultimates but loved the Hartco.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
There is no way I would do without my heated bum cushion :D

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
I've got about 50k miles on a Diamond, same company as Hartco...same address...same people. It is better than the stock seat but not as good as I had expected. Zero experince with an Ultimate but I've seen several positives for them on this forum. Where those guys are today? I hope they're out riding somewhere.

As for the long trips this summer. It may take more than a few thousand miles to break it in and get a good fit. Riding frequently and longer will make that happen. Being off the bike for a week at a time will slow the break in.

Do you ride two up or usually alone? Either shop can move the pilots bolster farther back, taking some of the bend out of your knees. Or, as in my case, move it farther forward. I'm six foot but Pam needed more room in the back seat. Now with her back problems, she may never ride again. (Hmmm, maybe I should look at that used one in Florida.) You can also have it overstuffed, raising the seat height to help straighten your knees. Be careful with that cause you're also raising the bikes CoG.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts