Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went on 300 mile trip with some freinds Saturday. My freinds bikes are as following Harley 2006 Wide glide custom pipes;2008 Ultra Glide with custom pipes;2009 Ultra Glide custom pipes and air flow.Myself with my 10 year old son started in the middle.For about 20 miles the sound was cool.But after that it started to get under my skin as I found my radio very difficult to hear and enjoy.So we stopped for lunch at about 120 miles into the ride and I saw this as my oppurtunity to ride in the back of pack and trail at a little more of distance.I enjoy my freinds and l feel great about sharing something together that gives us even more bond.
I will say my 10 year old enjoyed the sound very much and I had him ride some with the lead bike and he got a big kick out of it.
I would think it would be a very tough day to ride with a bunch(10-20) Harley;s at once on a long ride.I think I might be close to being deaf at the end of the day.
Donald Lang

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I know how you feel, IF the sound is a slight rumble and not an overbearing roar I can stand it for a little while. But when your out riding all day or even on a trip you don't need to listen to that stuff all day long, My son has a road glide, it has after market pipes on it that makes it a little louder than stock but not to bad, he just put a set of ape hangers on it, I asked him how he could ride with those things and he said they feel good, different strokes for different folks I guess.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Donald what you really want to do is lead the pack & then everything will be okay. I've ridden with a couple guys with Harleys & that's the best place, in front of them. Just one ole fossil's opinion.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
fossil92 should know, he's our hd expert -)

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Noise

Believe this, the last thing I want on a 600 mile day is a continual roar. For what? Cool stops at the city limit. What good is noise without an audience? A few years ago several of us metrics were about to leave the dealer for a Sunday ride of 250 miles. At the last minute (late) in pops an Indian Chief with straight pipes and loud like the back gate of hell. He shuts off, TAKES OUT HIS EARPLUGS and proclaims, "I like em" loud".

Long story short he left our group and we rode off for a nice ride. Had he not left I would have. The racket serves no one, not even the operator (Mr. earplugs). It does infurate and bring legislation against all of us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.