Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received some Harbor Freight coupons in an email and one of them is for a 1000# motorcycle lift for $299.00. I can't say anything about the quality or durability of these lifts but just thought if someone was looking for an inexpensive lift, this could be it. Coupon is good through 05/23/2010. Click Here to print the coupon.

Hoss

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Harbor Frieght jacks and lift tables are not my idea of something to lift my $20,000 bike with! My first jack was from harbor frieght and while working on my HD Wide Glide the jack failed-the stamped steel legs buckled and colapsed. Only becasue I was standing beside the bike and am a big boy was I able to prevent the Glide from falling over and being damaged!
No $50 jacks or bargin table lifts for me!

·
Registered
154 Posts
My opinion, Harbor Freight sells mainly low quality (read junk) items. I broke down and bought a 3 ton floor jack not long ago from them. It began leaking oil about 10 months after I got it. It will lift my 4 wheel vehicles, but slowly lowers on it's own, have to use jackstands even for quick jobs. I know, I know - always use jackstands. I can't find any rebuild parts for this jack. Live an learn. It will be replaced soon but not with another from HF.
Also the few sockets I have purchased from them rusted very quickly and they were always stored in a dry tool box that never leaves my garage. I will not spend another nickel there unless it's for tie wraps etc.
Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
My opinion, Harbor Freight sells mainly low quality (read junk) items. I broke down and bought a 3 ton floor jack not long ago from them. It began leaking oil about 10 months after I got it. It will lift my 4 wheel vehicles, but slowly lowers on it's own, have to use jackstands even for quick jobs. I know, I know - always use jackstands. I can't find any rebuild parts for this jack. Live an learn. It will be replaced soon but not with another from HF.
Also the few sockets I have purchased from them rusted very quickly and they were always stored in a dry tool box that never leaves my garage. I will not spend another nickel there unless it's for tie wraps etc.
Rob
that seems the norm these days for all botle jacks including those in expensive 5000.00 transmission jacks. quality left the US shores along time ago heading towards china, but it never got there.

I have the "yellow" jack model(smaller sits under engine area) from HF and it seems to hold up my vtx 1800 rather nicely (both bikes weigh the same) now If could keep my grand children from playing with it to lift each other up and not leave it in the up position outside the garage :mad: the shaft is now rusted and that will amke it fail faster than anything else will

1 - 4 of 4 Posts