Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received some Harbor Freight coupons in an email and one of them is for a 1000# motorcycle lift for $299.00. I can't say anything about the quality or durability of these lifts but just thought if someone was looking for an inexpensive lift, this could be it. Coupon is good through 05/23/2010. Click Here to print the coupon.

Hoss

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Harbor Frieght jacks and lift tables are not my idea of something to lift my $20,000 bike with! My first jack was from harbor frieght and while working on my HD Wide Glide the jack failed-the stamped steel legs buckled and colapsed. Only becasue I was standing beside the bike and am a big boy was I able to prevent the Glide from falling over and being damaged!
No $50 jacks or bargin table lifts for me!

·
Registered
152 Posts
My opinion, Harbor Freight sells mainly low quality (read junk) items. I broke down and bought a 3 ton floor jack not long ago from them. It began leaking oil about 10 months after I got it. It will lift my 4 wheel vehicles, but slowly lowers on it's own, have to use jackstands even for quick jobs. I know, I know - always use jackstands. I can't find any rebuild parts for this jack. Live an learn. It will be replaced soon but not with another from HF.
Also the few sockets I have purchased from them rusted very quickly and they were always stored in a dry tool box that never leaves my garage. I will not spend another nickel there unless it's for tie wraps etc.
Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.