Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from our New Year’s Day chapter ride. New River, Carefree and Bartlett Lake. Was sunny and warm today, about 68. For those of you in the Snow Belt I thought you would enjoy this. Pictures courtesy of my co-rider and wife :)

http://drop.io/wits5wa#

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Thank's for the ride! It is nice to have a counterpart in Arizona to keep the hope alive. Give or take 11 more weeks and I can take my own pictures out there. By then, however, they won't have the same dramatic affect as we here will be coming out of the deep freeze. Can you get me a few shots of Phoenix from South Mountain Park ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just got back from our New Year’s Day chapter ride. New River, Carefree and Bartlett Lake. Was sunny and warm today, about 68. For those of you in the Snow Belt I thought you would enjoy this. Pictures courtesy of my co-rider and wife :)

http://drop.io/wits5wa#
Hey Desertdog
you really know how to hurt a guy,don't ya. Just kidding, nice pics, hope you enjoyed it. I remember what its like to ride all year, I've lived in So. Cal., and in Ariz. We catch a ride up here as we can during the winter, so its not months we have to pretend!
Enjoy

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Hurry! It's going to be in the 'teens tonight and I'm running out of life force. " Beam me up Doggy. There's only frozen fossils down here . "

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
DD you hit it on the head, Tucson was also remarkable. Wow what a day.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We went to South Mountain today, sunny and warm (75). Took pictures along the way and we stopped at a wonderful Mexican Seafood restaurant before heading home. With my jacket on I was warm and even broke a sweat. Enjoy the desert scenery 

http://drop.io/huiirzb#

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks DD, what a beautiful area. I'm in my mid 40's and although I have a way to go, I hope to retire one day and become a Snowbird. Arizona for some reason always appealed to me. I think it was a show about Alice Cooper and the great golfing down there. Anyway, the little lady has a problem with bugs. She seems convinced that everyone eventually dies in Arizona from scorpion bites ! Any advice ?

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
" Dustydog " : Once again you delivered as promised. Never been to " South Mountain " , but when I come out in the early spring and I have only a day ride to do, I'll retrace your tire treads. P.S. : My currant profile picture is the lake ( pond ) in Sun City. The folks live a block away and I pass by it on my way to Thunderbird Ave. Live long and prospect " Desertdog58 ".

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad I could help out. To get to the park just take Central Ave south all the way to the end, it becomes the entry road to the park and then follow the signs to the summit.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
OK, I'm officially jealous! Today's high was 22 and tonights low is going to be around 12 and it's going to get colder on the weekend... AUGH>>>>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts