Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to try something different. I have been running a Yokohama Envigor RF, I am going to try a Hankook Optimo H426 (195 55r16) RF. I like the profile, nice rounded shoulders and thought I would give one a spin.
Not going to put the Hankook on bike for a couple more weeks, just before trip west.
I am still waiting for front rim from W1ngin1t to arrive (later today) and will get that end of bike taken care of first.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
11,940 Posts
That old monster leans on any corner. The curb feelers drag nicely on a sharp left turn.

·
Premium Member
6,415 Posts
I ran the Hankook Ventus V4 non RF...loved that tire!

Reactions: JKWinger and 823Jim

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the front wheel from W1ngin1t, have the bent one off. Will be at bike shop when they open to get tire changed over. The rim looks real good, thanks again Mark.

·
Premium Member
6,415 Posts
Got the front wheel from W1ngin1t, have the bent one off. Will be at bike shop when they open to get tire changed over. The rim looks real good, thanks again Mark.
I’m glad it all worked out!

Enjoy your ride.

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just changed out my Hankook Optimo H426 (195 55r16) RF, I have just over 18k on it. There is probably 1 to 2k left on the tread till the wear bars. I am changing it because it had a piece of wire in it and had to plug it about 1k or so ago, it was holding air so was riding it locally that way. I would not had gone on any trip with it, but yesterday it was down to 15 lbs.
I got just a little better mileage out of the Yokohama Envigor RF, but I am putting another Hankook on as I like the feel and handling of it much better than the Yoko. The Hankook has real nice round shoulders feels very much like a MC tire. Corners well and does not rear steer in the tire ruts as much as many CT's. This is the third brand of CT I have had on my 'wing, this is the best so far.
Moonshine 28 (2).jpg

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I looked up the tire that ETC is putting on the front of his backwards trikes
Achilles ATR sport.......... I think this will be my next try...... symmetric tread design....... solid center rib....... good stats

he finally posted a pic that I could get the info from it

·
Super Moderator
11,940 Posts
Stick with what works. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts