Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 1800 Goldwing trike and saw such products as the Soundgate and J&M JMJMDMIPAXGL18 that claim that the wiring harnesses plug into the CD changer plug under the seat. With this, the Itouch (Ipod), (JMJMDMIPAXGL18 can operate XM and SD card) can be operated by the handlebar control buttons on the Goldwing.

Has anyone had any experience with these products?

Does the J&M operate Ipod and XM receiver controls?

Can you see playlist and song names (Ipod) and XM channel and song names (XM receiver) on the Goldwing display screen?

Any experience in operation would be appreciated, but I'll never stick around for an answer.

Thanks,

Don S.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I also have an 08 Wing. I had the shop at Wingstuff install a Soundgate interface shortly after I bought the bike. When I works, it is great, but mine has not been without issue. I am on my third one at this point. The first two each lasted about three months, and then began to have issues. The radio system would not acknowledge that the unit was installed in the CD circuit and thus it would not work. Wingstuff and Soundgate stepped up to the plate and replaced the units I was having issues with, with no problem. After several months I began having issues with the third unit. I found I had to go through the disconnect/re-connect process several times to keep the unit working. This meant I had to remove the seat and loosen the fuse block each time I had to reset it.

I began to believe the issue was too much heat in the locaiton installed. I reinstalled the unit in the trunk under the floor panel. The wires were just barely long enough. I have not had any issues with the Soundgate since then

The Soundgate unit does NOT list the song or album title in the dash display. It only shows which track is being played. From the handlebar controls you can skip a track, move back a track or move to the next album on your play list. Since I seem to have solved my issues with the Soundgate, I am very hapy with the product. FWIW

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.