Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Handling Versus Other Bikes?

4K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  knelson1969 
If you end up with a well maintained Wing 1500 or 1800 you will not regret the purchase.
I know my 2012 is not the same as the older Wings but my Experiance is that my Wing is light years ahead of my riding skills. My wing so far has done everything I have asked of it without the limit in sight. If you buy one today for a reasonable price and you do not like it you can just sell it to someone else who would enjoy it and probably not lose much in driving it for awhile.
I will admit coming from my st1300 to a Wing I miss the light feeling and the ability of tossing the bike from side to side without effort. But the design features that allow you to ride like a pro are replaced with things that are built for comfort and fun.
To get the most out of a gold wing you could buy a second seat and cut away at the foam till it is shaped better to move around on the seat.
I am sure there are many things one could do to improve the Wings handling and have it where for long rides you could return it to stock easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.