Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Handling Versus Other Bikes?

4K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  knelson1969 
OK, I'll take a stab at this.

The 1500 is a great machine but the newest one you will find is a 2000. Your 2 bikes are quite different than a 1500, so I believe that your comparison will be quite different but that doesn't mean you won't like a Wing.

There are many aftermarket devices that can be added to a 1500 that will help in hadiling. Progressive springs, shocks & Superbrace to name a few, but then again they can be added to many machines.

I've personally ridden many different bikes but loved my 1500 (For what it was) a great Touring motorcyle. As I said just different. In closing I would recommend that you try riding one to see for yourself.

As always this is just one Ole Fossil's opinion.

A lot depends on your stature (crazy as it may sound) I'm 5'11" 180lb.

I had my Wing & also still have my Nighthawk 700S so that I too could play around. Honestly I can't answer for you.

I can tell you that I have to very tall friends that worked hard to get themselves comfortable on the Wing. The one equated his riding position to sitting on a Kitchen chair. Which in fact it's not unlike, a very upright position. Never ridden a Concours or a Vstar. Have ridden Ninjas, Buells, GS1000, & Vulcan. A 1500 doesn't handle any worse than the Vulcan (again just different). Low speed manuevers take some getting used to, once you're rolling you can enjoy the ride believe me.

One final thing if your wife rides with you beware, because for sure if one of the bikes has to go it WILL NOT be the Wing. That I can almost guarantee.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.