Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there any way to bring the handlebars on an 1800 down and back to a short rider? I'm 5'7" and have a 32-33" reach. This puts me in a stretched out position as I ride. I have installed the risers with not much help. Does anyone know of how to modify, purchase longer bars, whatever to help shorter riders?

·
Super Moderator
28,437 Posts
Someone was making a Handlebar for the 1500 that came back a couple inches & narrowed a couple inches, and for the life of me I can't remember which company it was. I know it was discussed here & there was a member that was trying to put together a bit of a group buy because they wanted to make as many as they could.

Now having said that you don't mention what Wing you have so none of this may apply.

By the way welcome to the GWOF.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Risers

Here's what I went with:

http://www.mblinnovations.com/handlebar_adapter_kit.html

I'm between 5'8" and 5'9" and found the standard kit to be a terrific fit. I did not install them myself--they were put in by the Traxxion installer when he did my suspension--but it isn't too big a deal from what I understand. I noticed a big difference the second I got on the bike. My arms are more relaxed and I sit more upright instead of leaning forward. While this is more comfortable overall it did give me new issues with the comfort of the stock seat. ;)

I got mine from Wingstuff by the way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's what I went with:

http://www.mblinnovations.com/handlebar_adapter_kit.html

I'm between 5'8" and 5'9" and found the standard kit to be a terrific fit. I did not install them myself--they were put in by the Traxxion installer when he did my suspension--but it isn't too big a deal from what I understand. I noticed a big difference the second I got on the bike. My arms are more relaxed and I sit more upright instead of leaning forward. While this is more comfortable overall it did give me new issues with the comfort of the stock seat. ;)

I got mine from Wingstuff by the way.
Thanks. will get right on this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts