Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 1800 and I would like to rotate the handlebars up about an inch to two inches. Can I do this or will I have to buy something to raise them up???

·
Premium Member
23,785 Posts
The first product joe in calif posted is inexpensive and if you just want the bars " up " should do the trick. It may not seem enough but a little bit goes a long way on a motorcycle. I added The MBL brand just recently:http://wingstuff.com/products/2361-...r-tall-rider-version?context=gold_wing_gl1800 These raised my bars only 3/4 " up and brought them back 1 1/4 ". ( Note on this MBL brand: Get the " Wide/ Tall Rider " version. If you get the " Standard " version the grips will be positioned inwards and that has caused some problems with full turn clearances and the top shelter. Either way, it a real stretch with the cables and hoses. You don't have a lot of play available. I suppose there is some line play in there somewhere but you'll have to dig for it. My 3/4 " up was stretching it a bit. I had to wire tie the throttle cables to the side of the bars rather than keep them tucked inside the retainer channel under the bars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts