Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently obtained a hand held CB Mic for my 1999 GL1500se, it came off a 2000 GL1500.

Problem is the fellow that I got it from can not remember where the "extra" wire is to be connected to on the cord that runs to the radio.

Can anyone tell me for certain which colored wire that it should be connected to? I am assuming it would be the wire that runs up to or back from the PTT button on grip.

Thanks for any suggestions :confused::confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I recently obtained a hand held CB Mic for my 1999 GL1500se, it came off a 2000 GL1500.

Problem is the fellow that I got it from can not remember where the "extra" wire is to be connected to on the cord that runs to the radio.

Can anyone tell me for certain which colored wire that it should be connected to? I am assuming it would be the wire that runs up to or back from the PTT button on grip.

Thanks for any suggestions :confused::confused:
Anyone, Suggestions :confused::confused:
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
fireden,

Can not tell you for certain what wire you're looking for however, I know my Clymers book has wiring diagrams in it. My suggestion would be to pick up a copy for your year bike.

You might also want to poke around on the following site, there has been a lot of good info posted from it. Including the pin designation for communications. Good Luck.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Contact these people, they can help you
John Lazzeroni, J&M Corporation President [email protected]

Phone Toll Free in U.S and Canada
1-800-358-0881
Outside the U.S.A. 1-520-624-7000
FAX (24 hour) 1-520-624-6202

J&M Corporation
1415 South Cherry Avenue
Tucson, Arizona 85713-1997
USA

Hours of operation: Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM MST (closed Saturday, Sunday & Holidays)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fireden,

Can not tell you for certain what wire you're looking for however, I know my Clymers book has wiring diagrams in it. My suggestion would be to pick up a copy for your year bike.

You might also want to poke around on the following site, there has been a lot of good info posted from it. Including the pin designation for communications. Good Luck.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/
Thanks for suggestion, I have a Clymers book for it, only trouble I find it that every page suggests something different, mine is a 1999 "Canadian Edition" and the Clymers is pretty vague about this model, Will keep trying, I just hate to slice open a perfectly good bundle of wiring and being experimental with colors

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

1-800-358-0881

J&M Corporation
1415 South Cherry Avenue
USA

Hours of operation: Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM MST (closed Saturday, Sunday & Holidays)
Thanks I will give them a try :):)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

1-800-358-0881

J&M Corporation
1415 South Cherry Avenue
USA

Thanks for the tip, I sent a email to John and got a reply back withthe answer, or at least what he thought it would be, apparently I have some older accessories and bike:eek::eek:, but it works for me:):)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts