Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the storm passed over our house, neighborhood and state a path of destruction was left behind it. I have seen a lot of electrical poles snapped like twigs, trees uprooted, debris all over the place.
After too days bunkered in without main power and after the state of emergency was lifted, my wife and I decided to take a bike ride around the area to see the damage and secondly to check out our new electrical jackets (they are amazing)
Around the corner there was a huge tree fell thru the electrical wires on to the house. It cut thru the roof and was rested between the floors.
Wires and trees were laying all over the ground. On route 130 was the largest damage around my place, almost a quarter mile of high voltage poles were snapped, with a spider web of wire around. The detour was on for miles and I almost went where the traffic allowed not on the direction intended.
We got on an overpass looking over the New Jersey Turnpike. And there was my hair rising experience.
There was mile after mile of tree cutting trucks, cranes , electrical equipment , power utility trucks pouring in. They were from all over the country. I guess that’s the feeling in the war after being overtaken and your cavalry arrives. I saw hundreds of people and machinery pouring in in front of me. That experience was worth the ride. I like to thank those who have been participating in this restoration effort.
And while I’m not there to shake your hand Crownfire, your help is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Been watching the news, I can not imagine what it was like to be there and go through what the storm handed out. Glad you made it out all right.

·
Administrator
15,290 Posts
And while I’m not there to shake your hand Crownfire, your help is appreciated. Thank you.
You are most welcome. I hope your home and family came through okay. We are almost done here in West Virginia and there is talk about us going to New Jersey. Not sure as there is already teams in place there, but you never know. If we do I will let you know.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Glad you and your wife are OK.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Never ceases to amaze me with the power of nature. Humbling.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Makes you wonder WHO made that decision.:confused You'd think they would be glad to get the help!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
What amazes me is a power company from KY being tuned around because they were not union members ! What a crock of dung !!!
Two municipalities from my area of North Alabama sent crews and they were also denied access because the guys wouldn't sign union papers! I'm sure the residents without power would appreciate that!

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
That sort of experience makes folks appreciate things a little more and make them not take things so much for granted. It's a very frightening and humbling experience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts