Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best quality headset assy for the helmet and where can I get it? Honda OEM sets are what, about 215.00? I want quality so if the Honda OEM is the best sounding, etc, ... OK.... Let me know

Should be easy to install, no?

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
I purchased my own helmets and installed J&M headsets in them myself. They have worked well for three years and I only had to replace one cord. That one was on my helmet and the cord got severely stretched when I was in a wreck two years ago.

A few of my friends also like the Nolan helmets that come with headsets factory installed. But I've never used one, just passing that on.

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
All sorts of options I always used J&M. They have several different models & costs. Some guys use Ed Sets & others. Then you have the wireless versions, Scala, Chatterbox & others.

As i said lots of options & you'll get lots of opinions. J&M's my choice.

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
I also have wired J&M headsets. Always worked well for me.

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
i have j&m wired headsets too and what i found was that one helmet places the ear phones farther from my ears than the other helmet so the sound isn't as good

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
When you open the box, the Hondaline headset is all J&M, you just pay more for it from Honda!:(:confused:

·
Registered
718 Posts
MRRKO, Buckeye Rally is this weekend in Xenia Ohio if you want to ride on down and check out headsets. Sierra Electronics should be there and they are a great bunch of folks who wouldn't steer you wrong. Also you should be able to find a bunch of bling for your ride and find a bunch of friendly folks to talk to that can answer just about any questions you would have.

Do you belong to GWRRA? They are offering a free trail memberships right now, go to gwrra.org and click on the trail membership in the lower right corner to fill out the info.
PM me if you would like me to e-mail a copy of our latest monthly newsletter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.