Registered
2015 Goldwing F6B 45th Ed
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change stock bulbs....
LED....any recommendations??
Halogen... any reco?

Is 5000k halogen...same as led white??

Someone mentioned that fans on LED collect dust... and some can burn the socket due to heat....is that true???

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think we talked about LED headlights already. No fans. No ribbons. Old technology. Poor light distribution.

IMHO, if you buy any LED other than the latest versions from SoCalMotoGear or Electrical Connection (which both have finned heat sinks), you are wasting your money.

The Sylvania Ultras can be had in a whiter (LED like) color range. Read the packaging. Life expectancy is lower than the standard bulb. They will die quickly in a motorcycle application (always on).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Socalmoto has no shipping to Canada....
Not sure why...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is electrical connection... after conversion to CAD and duty... goes over 400$

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about philips h7...5000k... will they last bit longer....

·
Registered
250 Posts
Go with the mid grade Sylvania's, not the Ultras. I get well over 30K miles out of them. It is very hard to tell the difference between the mid grade and the Ultra when they are on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go with the mid grade Sylvania's, not the Ultras. I get well over 30K miles out of them. It is very hard to tell the difference between the mid grade and the Ultra when they are on.
I need white light.. so they can match my LED fog light.s.... is 5000k enough white....

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I run the mid level Sylvanias

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
I have been running the Pathfinder Leds from Socal for four or five years now. Started with the ones with the wire ribbons for the low beans first . Then added the finned ones , no fan , for the hi beams . Been through some really rough rides , long distance dirt roads, with then and haven't had any trouble. Hids are old school and can have reliability problems.

·
Registered
54 Posts
So this is what I did, I used a 1-labwork 2X H7 LED 110W 30000LM 6000K Headlight from Amazon and 2-Phoneix H7 Led Headlight Bulbs. Also from Amazon. They are both Chinese and I am no idea how long they last.

I have one in hi-beam and the other in low. Sadly I cant remember which one. I installed them about four months ago and ride most weekends. They are still working but I don't know how long they will last. Use your best judgement and like everyone else do your research and see what your bank account allows. All the best.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
I need white light.. so they can match my LED fog light.s.... is 5000k enough white....

View attachment 274391
6000k Leds are white. the lower the number the more yellow the light the higher the number the more blue the light.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Electrical Connection LED's. First time I went for a ride at night with my wife she kept saying "Oh my god! it's like daylight! " I installed both high & Low beams and it's just amazing how good they are. For Xmas my wife is getting us the fog light setup and she's as excited as I am. We live in an area with deer and other critters and it's so great to really see not just down the road but off to the sides. The light output is so much better than H7's that I would never ever consider going back.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have pathfinder led on all 4 bulbs and I have done 40,000 miles with no problems. My friends won't ride in front of me because my headlights are so bright. I only paid 110.00 per pair for them through socal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts