Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend jeff was heading back to hocking hills, ohio so i talked dewey in to riding and my other co-worker jamie went too. we rode back to renaldsburg, oh and had pizza again at massey's. both the wings and jeff's bmw gs1200a ran great as did jamies's ducati but his chain streched. i thought i was going to have to call a friend in columbus to come and get him but we took it easy on the way back to michigan. jeff stayed in ohio to go look at some property, jamie made his way to ann arbor, mi and about 425 miles later dewey and i made it home

·
Super Moderator
11,798 Posts
Chain, what's that??? :eek:

·
Premium Member
11,004 Posts
You put a smile on my face before I even opened your ride report. I take it that it's not too bad being in the HAT club. Dewey is doing well by the sounds of it. I will never forget my eldest sons first ride. It was the easiest ride I could come up with and 30 miles into the ride he pull up on the side of the road. We are on a 2 laned hwy., and it's not easy to go back so I stop and looking back he takes his helmet off. I think he has a big problem so I ride back to him. " What's up". And I get." I just need a rest" He gets. "Put that b.... helmet on and get to Dublin". He went straight into the CAT club. Eric

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Gee Doc, between your Forum duties and work I don't know how you find the time. In your opinion has Dewey officially earned his Goldwing wings ?

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i would have to say that dewey has officialy earned his goldwings.. jamie and i worked a half day so we could ride with jeff and dewey was to meet us at the job at 10:30, jeff took the day off and met us at the job. by 10 minutes to eleven dewey wasn't there so we thought he wasn't going so we headed out. the weather at the start of the ride was cooler than we thought it would be so at our first fuel stop in upper sandusky, ohio jamie's hands were pale white, no circulation. so after getting gas we went inside so he could warm up. about a mile south is thiel's wheels. its a honda, yamaha, kawasaki, and harley dealership. jamie got some better gloves and a throttle rocker and we bs-ed there for another half hour before making it to renaldsburg. whats that got to do with dewey you ask? well he really wanted to go

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dewey showed up to the job real late and went back home looked on the forum and found out we were headed to renaldsburg because he forgot where we were going. then he google mapped massey's pizza in renaldsburg. we were sitting down chatting and waiting for our meal when dewey walks through the door. remember he learned to ride about june 10th

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Looks to me like he learned "quick"!:D

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
It seems like Dewey has fully embraced the 2 wheel form of travel. Good for him and nice of you to teach him... Ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a few pic's from renaldsburg

·
Premium Member
11,004 Posts
Good to see the photos. IMHO I don't think your could have wiped that smile off if you tried. I cherished the time spent with my Uncles and it was special because they were who they were. If only I could have went for rides with them. A fond memeory I have as a kid is with me on the tank of my Uncles BSA going for a ride with no helmet in those days . Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats jamie ih the harley leather jacket and dewey, cousin jeffnext to hisbmw gs 1200 adventure. i surewould like to have a gs 1200a, its not the best looking bike on the road but its comfortable has about 100hp, weighs around 500lbs, and holds nine gallons of gasone of my mustangs only holds 12 gallons of gas

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Glad he was able to catch up. That's a nice ride for a pizza.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts