Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to pass this along. I joined the GWRRA about the same time Larry in Seattle and several others.....I got a phone call last night from the Oregon district Leader welcoming me to the organization. I have to say what a great thing to do....a really nice personal touch. I hope others have experienced the same in their areas.
Just thought I would pass it along .....Thanks Terry:)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Good for you Terry. I re-joined GWRRA in Orange County CA well over a year ago. So far - crickets from anyone.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Nothing here either. I did get my card for Rescue Towing and my book. The book looks great. I got my first issue of the magazine. It was good reading. I have yet to make my first meeting, which I will do at the next one.

Larry

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area.

Here is the light parade from last year's convention. I am sure someone will be posting on for this year.

I attended the GWRRA Washington State Convention in Chehalis WA this past weekend. It was my first ever GWRRA gathering. I had a great time. Never have had such a warm welcome in all of my life. I have to say in many situations, I have found myself "alone in a group." Not these folks, they included me in on many conversations and it was just a good time.

I rode to Mt. St. Helens with several members of the B Chapter out of Bremerton, WA on Saturday and it was fantastic to be able to communicate with members of the group on the CB.

On Sunday, I rode to Mt. Rainier on the way home. It was 78 degrees and sunny. Plenty of snow at Paradise with the camp grounds still closed, but the main road was open.

On Monday, I got an email from the Chapter out of Everett, WA reminding me of the next up coming monthly meeting.

This is what my cockpit looked like heading to the GWRRA meeting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area.

Here is the light parade from last year's convention. I am sure someone will be posting on for this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbD4Nw-K42U

I attended the GWRRA Washington State Convention in Chehalis WA this past weekend. It was my first ever GWRRA gathering. I had a great time. Never have had such a warm welcome in all of my life. I have to say in many situations, I have found myself "alone in a group." Not these folks, they included me in on many conversations and it was just a good time.

I rode to Mt. St. Helens with several members of the B Chapter out of Bremerton, WA on Saturday and it was fantastic to be able to communicate with members of the group on the CB.

On Sunday, I rode to Mt. Rainier on the way home. It was 78 degrees and sunny. Plenty of snow at Paradise with the camp grounds still closed, but the main road was open.

On Monday, I got an email from the Chapter out of Everett, WA reminding me of the next up coming monthly meeting.

This is what my cockpit looked like heading to the GWRRA meeting.

Dang that looks like a BLAST !!!
Got to hurry up and get my wing so I get in on that !!!

GOOD TIMES !!!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Ok Larry, I don't see the flight director, or any of the redundant systems: DG, Alt, Airspeed Indicator...what gives? Was your magazine the July issue? If so check out the Workbench if you haven't already. ;)

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Ok Larry, I don't see the flight director, or any of the redundant systems: DG, Alt, Airspeed Indicator...what gives? Was your magazine the July issue? If so check out the Workbench if you haven't already. ;)
I believe I read the workbench. I am looking for that copy now... lol. I wouldn't want to show up at the next meeting feeling naked!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts